When The Light Is Mine-R.E.M.(i.r.s.years '82-'87)

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited November 2006 in Other Music
imo these are the years of greatness for this athens,ga band. chronic town,murmur,reckoning,fables,life's,document one brilliant record after another. this run that r.e.m. had is every bit as great as the ones by the beatles,stones or the who! i am not even mentioning their output in the early to mid-ninties. looking at the old vids and performances,one forgets that m.stipe actually had a flock of hair! i was going to post a thread a few weeks ago about missing the old eighties r.e.m.,well with this dvd compilation my yearning has been remedied.
by the way,i found the dvd at ameoba records for a whopping $12.99.......a great find.

also like the title. a line from the great song "camera"!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• "camera" is a great song but I thought the title came from "feeling gravitys pull"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "camera" is a great song but I thought the title came from "feeling gravitys pull"

i don't know. you may be right.
  • Sweet live versions of "Can't get there from here" & "Pretty Persuasion" on that dvd. I love the intro as well too to the whole thing. Worth every fucking penny
    Sweet live versions of "Can't get there from here" & "Pretty Persuasion" on that dvd. I love the intro as well too to the whole thing. Worth every fucking penny

that intro is totally fuckin' worth the "price of admission". these are the images of R.E.M. that are so enduring to me. very alt. feel to it and i mean truely alt.!
    by the way,is that "old man kensey" as the intro music? yet another great song off fables!