Morrison Hotel

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Great,great blues record by the one and only Doors. Some of Jim Morrisons' best writing and some of the best songs ever played by Densmore/Krieger/Manzerek. The reason why I'm posting this is because for some reason I cannot get the song "Maggie Mcgill" out of mind. "She went down,down to tangy town".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'd have to agree.
    "It's all happening"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'd have to agree.

Indian Summer,I like the song with your user name in it.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    lots of great songs but never one of my favorites. i don't know why... s/t, Strange Days, LA Woman and even Waiting for The Sun i like better... maybe i'm giving the record a bad rap... i'll have to break it out soon.

"The Spy" is one of my favorites though.
  • I also think it has lots of great songs but it isn't one of my favourites. I always preferred the S/T and Strange Days.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    yeah i fuckin' love this album too its one of my faves (as well as the soft parade)

i just love Peace Frog / Blue Sunday and Waiting for the sun
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i love the doors...morrison hotel is great..you got peace frog, roadhouse blues, waiting for the sun, queen of the highway....classic
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    land ho and ship of fools all the way
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'd have to agree, Morrison's Hotel is my fave for the Doors and I'm such a huge fan of them, that I completely wore them out for over ten years. I will always love, in particular Peace Frog's interlude into Blue Sunday.
  • I´m a big Doors fan and I must confess that this is my favourite album to listen to, at least the one that through the years doesn´t makes me feel tired of hearing it...

Ship of fools, blue sunday, indian summer...and the classics...what an album!!!

P.S: Sorry, my english sucks
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    I´m a big Doors fan and I must confess that this is my favourite album to listen to, at least the one that through the years doesn´t makes me feel tired of hearing it...

Ship of fools, blue sunday, indian summer...and the classics...what an album!!!

i agree! i love this album.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I happen to love all of the Doors work. Being as old as I am I remember all of it. Just wish there was more to enjoy. :) I do love Ed with them as well. He's the only one I think that could pull it off.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    me too, tho i have to be in the mood for the doors. i want to hear spanish caravan now!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~