The Bends or OK Computer?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I know it is like comparing apples to oranges,but which one do you like more? They are both so different from one another. "The Bends" is this anthemic rock masterpiece that keeps getting better and better as the years pass by. Then to follow up that record with OK Computer. Was that the same band? As great as the prior recording was,Radiohead thuroughly outdid themselves with "OK". The record plays like a dream or this past,present,and future nightmare on the horizon.

So, again which one is better to you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The Bends

No contest
    Hands down
    Not even close
    Are you serious?
  • Honestly, OK Computer is amazing lyrically and instrumentally. And when those songs are performed live, I'm talking Exit Music, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, and No Surprises... the songs get even more life to them. There's so much more passion that goes into them than on the album.

Now, that's not discarding Street Spirit played live... but I just would have to say OK Computer is better just on the principle of it having better lyrics/instrumental-wise.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    ooh. this is a tough question. i gotta go with ok if forced..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Bends!!!
  • Ok Computer is written so much better I really find it hard to believe that people can pick the Bends over it.

Love them both though...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    the Bends is more of a straightahead rock record, at first it's easier to like more but OK Computer grows on you and in time proves to be the better record. I think most people who like the Bends better like their music to be staighforward or simply haven't given the other record enough time
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the bends. but the more i listen to OK computer the more i like it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    the Bends is more of a straightahead rock record, at first it's easier to like more but OK Computer grows on you and in time proves to be the better record. I think most people who like the Bends better like their music to be staighforward or simply haven't given the other record enough time

Believe me Walker I love both these albums, I love the depth and complexity of OK Comp.,but for me The Bends wins by an iron lung.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Definitely OK Computer
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
    Believe me Walker I love both these albums, I love the depth and complexity of OK Comp.,but for me The Bends wins by an iron lung.

oh you're funny................... not :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    oh you're funny................... not :D

Maybe Just a little bit.;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Maybe Just a little bit.;)

maybe. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    bends... fake plastic trees... :o nuff said...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • The Bends. Ok computer is good, but doesn't have the energy that The Bends has.
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    The Bends, easy victory.
  • OK computer
  • I'm going to have to go with OK Computer, but it's a very difficult decision. Both records completely blow away anything they did before or after them.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    my initial inclination is to vote for the bends. however, listening to them recently i feel like ok computer in some ways holds up better. the bends has some of their best songs, but it is, at heart, a straight ahead alternative rock album. it's probably the best and most consistent alternative rock album ever created, but still nothing all that terribly unique. ok computer still sounds as fresh as it did when it first came out.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    gleemonex wrote:
    I'm going to have to go with OK Computer, but it's a very difficult decision. Both records completely blow away anything they did before or after them.

Almost a "word up",but "kid a" & "hail to the theif" are pretty good. Not great,but good.
  • Ha ha! I JUST posted in the Jazz thread about the Sun Ra influence in later Radiohead.

I like OK Computer the best, but I'm kind of out there as far as my musical taste goes. I liked it the first time I heard it, whereas The Bends had to grow on me.

I also think Kid A is brilliant, and one of my favorites.

haha, fortunately, I don't have to choose, though, because I'm NOT on a desert island and I have them whenever I want to hear them. :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    it's a classic case of apples vs. oranges.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • I think OK computer is a better album IMO but I enjoy listening to The Bends more usually. (if that makes any sense)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." -'Release' PJ
  • my initial inclination is to vote for the bends. however, listening to them recently i feel like ok computer in some ways holds up better. the bends has some of their best songs, but it is, at heart, a straight ahead alternative rock album. it's probably the best and most consistent alternative rock album ever created, but still nothing all that terribly unique. ok computer still sounds as fresh as it did when it first came out.
    Perfectly said.

"Make our day"
  • G-Man23 wrote:
    Almost a "word up",but "kid a" & "hail to the theif" are pretty good. Not great,but good.
    Actually I'd say they're great.

"Make our day"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Actually I'd say they're great.

agreed. sorry,my bad.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I prefer ok computer to the bends but only just i think. Listened to all the radiohead albums one after the other last night while working, forgot how much i loved the bends and also pablo honey.

Some of their albums get kinda panned but i like all of them very much, probably my second fav band after PJ.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • They're both great, but I personally prefer the bends.
  • that's like asking pizza or chicken wings!

if i had to choose, it would be OK. that would have to be the greatest album of all time for me, so i can;t not go with it :)
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Oh that is a hard choice. I like both of them, but I think I would go with OK computer.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»