Jimi ~~~~~ElectricLadyland~~~~~

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Listened to this record for the first time in awhile and what an epic recording. For 1968 or 2007 it is truely amazing. Anyone else dig this record?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• One of the best albums of all time for my money, my favorite Hendrix album.
  • The Best Album of All Time.

There I said it!
    NERDS!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Absolutely incredible. Generally my favorite tone is the BOG album maybe but I celebrate everything Jimi.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    It was his last offical studio release and his masterpiece.
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    Went to bed w/it playing last night...
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    that album was truly waaaaaayyyyyy ahead of its time....still one of my all time faves.
    "It's all happening"
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    that album was truly waaaaaayyyyyy ahead of its time....still one of my all time faves.

Totally agree
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    yes
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • If you can ever get hold of the following recordings, check these out:

1) The outtake of (Have You Ever Been To) Electric Ladyland, with the backwards fuzz guitar overdubs, and Mitch's crashing drums, at the end.

2) The outtake for the Voodoo Chile mixing sessions, where Jimi calls out Eddie Kramer for overdubbing the entourage cheering at the wrong point in the song. "That's the wrong place, Edddddddddddwarrrrrrrd!" :D

3) The outtake for 1983: different vocals, and feedback loop effects. Jimi lets out a roar and the tape delay explodes into feedback, slowing down and speeding up.

4) The sessions for Voodoo Chile (Slight Return). Jimi starts with the opening riff, playing it an octave lower than we're used to, and without wah wah. You follow the evolution of the track, and hear the moment he hits on the classic riff!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    It's so hard to believe he was only around for like four years.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Ive always been in love with .....have you ever been, to electric ladyland. (not sure of exact title, its been a while)
    and Long Hot Summer night,
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Jimi's ElectricLadyland is very similar to Elvis Presley's Sun Sessions in impact,not style. Think about it.
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    love the album. I wish he lived longer. Imagine the all the classics he would have made that we will never hear.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell