Tool 'Rosetta Stoned'

2»

Comments

• EwangEwang Posts: 6
    my favorite as well.
    I'd have to say 10,000 Days (Wings, Pt. 2) is the best song on the album. It's just such a powerful and moving song. Theres also a cool trick where you open Viginti Tres with Wings for Marie Part 1 in say... Winamp, then open 10,000 Days (Wings, Pt. 2) in Windows Media Player, and if you can sync them good enough it makes 1 song. Some parts aren't perfect, but for the most part the 3 songs go together amazing. Also the 2 "cold flouresences" parts at the end of the wing's songs match up and it's a pretty cool sound.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    This is it entirely. Basically I think it's a tongue in cheek response to the fans who took third eye a little too seriously. Sometimes I question Maynard's apparent lack of respect for his fans but in this case it's probably justified.

TOOL are serious musicians who craft carefully constructed and deliberabte music yet time and time again any 'discussion' of their music begins with 'dude I was listening to TOOL last night, and I was so high but I figured out.....'. If I were one of the band members and had to listen to shit like that? I'd probably go postal.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Binaural wrote:
    TOOL are serious musicians who craft carefully constructed and deliberabte music yet time and time again any 'discussion' of their music begins with 'dude I was listening to TOOL last night, and I was so high but I figured out.....'. If I were one of the band members and had to listen to shit like that? I'd probably go postal.
    I agree entirely. One of the things that bothers me about Tool is that, despite how much I love their music, I hate the fact that Tool fans are, in general, or at least have the reputation of being, idiots. I don't like the stigma attached with listening to this band. Why does a band that writes masterpieces like wings pt 2 or Lateralus have a reputation amongst people who don't know much about the music as being a band for pretentious art students who spend their waking hours as high as a kite?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I agree entirely. One of the things that bothers me about Tool is that, despite how much I love their music, I hate the fact that Tool fans are, in general, or at least have the reputation of being, idiots. I don't like the stigma attached with listening to this band. Why does a band that writes masterpieces like wings pt 2 or Lateralus have a reputation amongst people who don't know much about the music as being a band for pretentious art students who spend their waking hours as high as a kite?

I know, but fuck em, if people want to miss out on the music because of a stereotype then let them. Maynard and Adam have made it clear those idiots and their opinions don't merit thought. I tried to listen to an album (Aenima I think) when stoned and it just doesn't make sense, I don't know how others 'do it'. I saw them in Dublin and some friends of mine snorted some coke, I was like "What the fuck?!"
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Ewang wrote:
    I'd have to say 10,000 Days (Wings, Pt. 2) is the best song on the album. It's just such a powerful and moving song. Theres also a cool trick where you open Viginti Tres with Wings for Marie Part 1 in say... Winamp, then open 10,000 Days (Wings, Pt. 2) in Windows Media Player, and if you can sync them good enough it makes 1 song. Some parts aren't perfect, but for the most part the 3 songs go together amazing. Also the 2 "cold flouresences" parts at the end of the wing's songs match up and it's a pretty cool sound.

tool does a lot of things like this. i've heard that there are several cases of songs on 10,000 days matching up with songs on other albums. i don't know all of them, but here are a few of the ones that involve viginti tres:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3188376&postcount=36