Rockstar: Supernova

pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
edited July 2006 in Other Music
sorry this is a guilty pleasure.... i know this band will blow, but is anyone else into this show at all????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sorry this is a guilty pleasure.... i know this band will blow, but is anyone else into this show at all????

I watched most of the 1st show. Wasn't overly impressed. I liked the chick who did Pinball Wizard.
  • Total guilty pleasure.

Except Brooke Burke seriously needs a new stylist.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I must admit that I have viewed the first two nights. Just happened to be home and that seemed like the only thing on to watch. With no cable the choices are limited once the set is on.

The guy who did the Duran Duran song should have stayed. He rocked it up pretty damn good. Glad to see that "supernova" couldn't expand their horizons if they were on an airplane.

Anyhoo......the woman who did the Cobain tune has a good husky R&R voice. One other lady caught my eye and about two of the guys too. For being the "best" that was out there. I have heard better singers with bands my friends have played in.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Anyone know if this is being shown on UK tv? I'm such a sucker for these kind of shows.......
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    Total guilty pleasure.

i can honestly say i have no idea what she was wearing .... last night the eyes were focused elsewhere.

UU
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    Total guilty pleasure.

and I'm sure your style is a lot better :rolleyes:
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Haha well I find that there is nothing on TV ever anyways but I had it on Thurs but was busy so I only caught parts of it but I liked the first chick and the girl who covered Nirvana. I think it'll be a chick that gets the gig...we'll see....it's one of those shows that u love to hate :)
  • I watched. I was into the INXS one too last summer. I know I know, pathetic. I think I mostly like watching Dave Navarro, he cracks me up.
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287

... Brooke Burke seriously needs a new stylist.

What do you mean? I'm sure she pays good money to that homeless hooker who picks her clothes each week.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    even flow? wrote:
    The guy who did the Duran Duran song should have stayed. He rocked it up pretty damn good.

I don't think Duran Duran is what these guys are aiming to be. Probably a good thing, but likely the band will stink and have only 1 album.

I like this show. I'm not sure on the create a band to find a singer for... I mean they now HAVE to pick one of these 15 people.. What happens if they don't like anyone in the end enough to want to make an effort at a long term band? 1 shit album, a few shows to fulfill a contract and then disband to avoid further humiliation.

I mean at least INXS had a reason to be there. As much as people blast them for taking a reality show route to find a successor to Hutchence, it was a brilliant move. They found a singer they liked, who fans liked (to a degree) and got loads of press in the process (good & bad) catapulting them back into the spotlight long enough to get back into it.

I'm not totally sold on Supernova but it's got potential.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • lukin14 wrote:
    1 shit album, a few shows to fulfill a contract and then disband to avoid further humiliation.

I'm with ya. The show is fun to watch, but it's a longshot that Supernova will be a big hit or anything. INXS made much more sense beyond the show itself.