Fugazi

pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
edited April 2007 in Other Music
i have always heard of them but never listened.. are they any good? any suggestions on an album or songs to dl?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I also would like some suggestions for Fugazi to listen to.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I recently started listening to Fugazi as well. My favorite so far has been steady diet of nothing. you really can't go wrong though with anything you pick up. That's my recommendation though :D
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • turkish disco, what an awesome song
    8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 11/14/02(letterman), 4/30/03, 6/6/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 3/18/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/5/06, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/22/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 7/6/06
  • any more suggestions?
  • sorry, accidentally posted twice.
  • yeah one of my band mates has been listening to them A LOT lately...I don't know any song names or anything but I've loved everything I've heard
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    Start with 13 Songs. Great tunes like Give Me the Cure, Waiting Room, Suggestion, etc.

Steady Diet... is another album to check out. I also like Red Medicine where they kind of went experimental (for them) and got Sonic Youth-type feel for the record. The Argument is good, not great, but Fugazi doesn't really put out crap. Smallpox Champion (off In on the Killtaker) is another great tune from an okay album.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Listen to Steady Diet Of Nothing thats a great album (what a great year '91 was)
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    3sheets wrote:
    Start with 13 Songs. Great tunes like Give Me the Cure, Waiting Room, Suggestion, etc.

Listen to 13 songs then listen to Mellon Collie... by the SP to see how much they (SP) ripped off Fugazi. 13 Songs Great Album!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i have always heard of them but never listened.. are they any good? any suggestions on an album or songs to dl?
    well, you already named one of the best - "suggestion" :D

but other than that, listen to all of 13 songs and repeater, then keep going chronologically.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i never really cared for 13 Songs or Steady Diet of Nothing.

i'd start w/ Repeater + 3 Songs and In On The Kill Taker.. then go back for 13 Songs and Steady Diet. everything else after Kill Taker (Red Medicine, End Hits, The Argument, Furniture EP and Instrument) is awesome but the production sound is very "samey". get them all.

also get some live records. i think the site is http://www.fugaziliveseries.com or something like that. i got a killer boot from the Argument tour.. Halloween show in Leeds. the wore masks!!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    13 songs, repeater and stage dive masters are my favourites...definitely check em out if you haven't before

I just listened to "instrument"...... great song
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • I just started getting into them (got Repeater) and I'm loving it.

BTW, pretty much every alt rock band that's worth a shit since Fugazi broke out has ripped them off in one way or another. Few have done it with a final product as amazing as Smashing Pumpkins.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    The Argument is a brilliant piece of work. I started with it ad I wasn't disappointed...great stuff
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I would say The Argument is the best record start to finish. My favorite songs are Break from End Hits and Waiting Room from 13 songs, though.