Options

The Used concert last night...

AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Am i the only one into the Used?? They are a totally different sound then Pearl Jam obviously but i have always enjoyed their music. Im not always in the mood for PJ, sometimes i am pissed and thats when the Used are perfect. They put on a great show last night at Saltair in SLC, UT. Great venue, in a palace on the Great Salt Lake shore line with mountains and a sunset. I highly recommend checking this out. They have the worst websight on the planet but the picture is still sick ( http://www.thesaltair.com/ ). I picked a bad day to leave my camera at home too. Bert is a very good performer and keeps the crowd involved the whole time. Since he was from provo( only 30 min from SL) his whole family was there and brought on stage. I thought that was cool. Guys reading this, i swear to god ive never seen more hot girls in one place! Every girl there was fuckin amazing. And then every dude they were with was a total tool. Borderline gay guys grab assin around with mohawks or the 6 inch black bangs in there eyes. I was totally out of place but rockin a sweet Ramones shirt being the only thing black i own. You know the type of girls here too. The bad girls wearing titty shirts that said something clever or ridiculous mini dresses. But were blantenly made that way to get you to stare at their bombs. Well worth the 16$ ticket. The only thing that sucked is i would say they only played about 120 minutes. But they only have three albums so that seems about right. Moral of my story does anyone else like the Used?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Ando wrote:
    Am i the only one into the Used?? They are a totally different sound then Pearl Jam obviously but i have always enjoyed their music. Im not always in the mood for PJ, sometimes i am pissed and thats when the Used are perfect. They put on a great show last night at Saltair in SLC, UT. Great venue, in a palace on the Great Salt Lake shore line with mountains and a sunset. I highly recommend checking this out. They have the worst websight on the planet but the picture is still sick ( http://www.thesaltair.com/ ). I picked a bad day to leave my camera at home too. Bert is a very good performer and keeps the crowd involved the whole time. Since he was from provo( only 30 min from SL) his whole family was there and brought on stage. I thought that was cool. Guys reading this, i swear to god ive never seen more hot girls in one place! Every girl there was fuckin amazing. And then every dude they were with was a total tool. Borderline gay guys grab assin around with mohawks or the 6 inch black bangs in there eyes. I was totally out of place but rockin a sweet Ramones shirt being the only thing black i own. You know the type of girls here too. The bad girls wearing titty shirts that said something clever or ridiculous mini dresses. But were blantenly made that way to get you to stare at their bombs. Well worth the 16$ ticket. The only thing that sucked is i would say they only played about 120 minutes. But they only have three albums so that seems about right. Moral of my story does anyone else like the Used?

Glad you enjoyed the show, but personally I really dislike The Used.
  • Options
    zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    Ando wrote:
    Moral of my story does anyone else like the Used?

The first 2 album's were great. I havent gotten around to the 3rd. Seen them twice some time ago.
    6/27/08!
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Wrong forum. This belongs in "other music"
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    It is supposed to be in the Other Music area

I saw them right before Pearl Jam in Madrid and ...hm...they sounded awful to me however I like other non typical rock bands like Pro-Pain, Deftones, Therapy? or even MCr as well. You should have been there to see both of your favourites.
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I think they suck, but my kids like them.
    I also know that Saltair is one of the worse venues in the world. You forgot to mention the balcony that allows only the tool in front any view, the fact that the main floor is more narrow than a basketball court but twice as long, the putrid smell of the stinking Salt Lake brine blowing in, the drive to the stupid palace in the first place...
    I quit going to that venue for more reasons than that, but it really is a piece of shit. Wonder why they didnt schedule the e-center or one of the smaller places in SLC.
    As for the crowd, sounds just like the WARPED scene and just what the Used are used to. Doesnt make it a bad crowd, just one that is alot different from one you would see at PJ.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    I pretty much despise them...you did ask for what I thought, right?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    is the lead singer of the used the guy that was dating kelly osbourne? if so i hate them hahaha
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    Ando wrote:
    Moral of my story does anyone else like the Used?

There wasn't anything moral in your story.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    They suck huge ones; I am glad I didn't know they were in town or I would have driven out there and spit in their faces. Good thing I was at the Jazz game watching Houston get spanked! Go Jazz!
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I saw them at Project Revolution tour back in 04 I believe...they did not put on a good show. Hilarious event though. Snoop Dogg kept callin the place Jones Beach, when it was actually the PNC Bank Arts Center. Probably because he was so high ;)

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.