question about Live's "Throwing Copper"

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited August 2007 in Other Music
my friend and i have a bet about what the title "throwing copper" means.....i remember hearing someone explain what it means and he said he heard something else.....anyone?
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think it came from shooting guns or bb guns. the boys were out back shooting or "throwing copper" and decided that would be the name of the album.
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    I think it came from shooting guns or bb guns. the boys were out back shooting or "throwing copper" and decided that would be the name of the album.

yep
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    thats what i said.....i heard they played at the old Malibu club right by where i live and someone was shooting a BB gun and thats where they got it from.....my friend said it is cuz they are from pennsylvania and copper is their state's chief export
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young