Options

The Good, the Bad and the Queen

CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I couldn't find anything about this band through a search.

New band from Damon Albarn(frontmant of Blur and Gorillaz). The bassist is from The Clash, the guitar player is from The Verve and some guy on drums. It is being produced by Danger Mouse who was at the controls for the Gorillaz final album, "Demon Days."

They have a lot of potential. Anything with Albarn and Danger Mouse is worth lsitening to after Demon Days.

http://www.myspace.com/thegoodthebadandthequeen

You can stream they entire album on their Myspace(link above). I only listened to one track and it was pretty good. The album comes out January 23rd.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Crap. Crap......crap.

Coxon or bust.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    not crap. gonna have to pick this one up.
  • Options
    AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    it's pretty special, very different from Blur/Gorillaz, but I like the album, which is out in 2 weeks or so. And I'm actually a Coxon fan.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Definitely not crap.

Go here for more stuff: http://www.thegoodthebadandthequeen.com/
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    PaulJam wrote:
    Crap. Crap......crap.

Coxon or bust.

coxon's solo career seems to have stalled a bit........he needs to go back to blur!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    BBC Radio 6 are having a The Good, The Bad and The Queen day on 23 Jan
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/events/goodbadqueen/

Watched and enjoyed the Electric Proms performance on the Beeb so will be picking up the album.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    lee25lee25 Posts: 13
    Im quite liking the sound of this!! :)
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    you should find their BBC prom appearence on Youtube. I think that I might get them
  • Options
    I've already pre-ordered the album and will wait to listen to it when I get it, but I downloaded "History Song" the other day and am absolutely loving it. It sounds similar to the first 3 or 4 songs off of "Demon Days", which I also loved.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    I had listened to 'Herculean' and 'Kingdon of Doom' and it didn't impress me much. Judging by those 2 and not comparing them i would say i still prefer Gorillaz.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    I just heard three too many songs from them....wow that was bad
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Good lookin out. I hope that they len more into the afro beat aspect of their sound as they progress. That music (afro beat) just gets in you :)
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    everything i've heard from them is fantastic, i cant wait for the album to drop here in the us
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    fuck albarn, this band is about Paul Simonon. Gonna see them live next month in some shit venue (JBs in Dudley!!) that holds a few hundred people and they charged £20 a ticket. Only paying that to see Paul Simonon.
  • Options
    I've been listening to TGBATQ vigorously of late, and recommend them. PaulJam, you'd be surprised. They're not Blurrish anyway. Top drawer political punk.
  • Options
    I've been listening to TGBATQ vigorously of late, and recommend them. PaulJam, you'd be surprised. They're not Blurrish anyway. Top drawer political punk.

they're not very punk-ish at all....it's mainly mellow, atmospheric, and trippy throughout the record

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Bump, the album comes out today in the US. I'm looking forward to picking it up.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I pre-ordered it ages ago and it's finally shipped! Can't wait!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    they're not very punk-ish at all....it's mainly mellow, atmospheric, and trippy throughout the record
    The lyrics are very punkish. It is a very politically-based album lyrics-wise, I believe that is what that poster was saying.
  • Options
    CM1847 wrote:
    Bump, the album comes out today in the US. I'm looking forward to picking it up.

i did earlier today. its great

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    I am seeing them at Coachella....is it worth breaking out the itunes gift card?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Sounds good. Think I'll get the cd. Thanks. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    this has been played a lot on triple j here in oz and gotta say am loving what i have heard.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    If you like this queen blah blah your standards are very low....get a grip Alburn lovers, it´s a below than mediocre cd....just boring
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238
    I got it yesterday and i think it's gonna take a few more listens to get into it.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    got it today and haven't listened to it fully yet so judgement will have to wait
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    "Herculaneum" is the free single of the week on Itunes for those of you who haven't heard of them yet.

Also, I heard rumors of a Blur reuion and new album in 2007 or 2008? Anyone else hear this?
  • Options
    I've listened to it a few times now, I'm not really loving it all that much so far. Nothing bad, but a very calm album that boarders on boring a few too many times. It had the feel of a grower from the first listen, so hopefully I will "get" it eventually.
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 475
    CM1847 wrote:
    I've listened to it a few times now, I'm not really loving it all that much so far. Nothing bad, but a very calm album that boarders on boring a few too many times. It had the feel of a grower from the first listen, so hopefully I will "get" it eventually.

I feel the same way. Though I don't think it will grow on me.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD