Outkast - Idlewild

CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Did anybody pick this one up or at least hear it? It is a surprisingly boring album, they could have cut off the second half and they would have been left with something decent. Even the highlights aren't really that great, at least not Outkast-quality great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've been on the fence about it, but I'm leaning more toward not picking it up. The song I heard didn't do much for me.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    not my 'thang' but I WILL see the movie.......it's gotten some pretty decent reviews......what with the dance craze and all....
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I've been on the fence about it, but I'm leaning more toward not picking it up. The song I heard didn't do much for me.
    Which did you hear? I belive Morris Brown(more of a rap song) and Idlewild Blue(country-ish blues-y song) are the two singles. If you are a fan then the album is worth for the handful of good songs, plus it is Andre & Big Boi rapping on the same song for the first time since Stankonia. But there are far too many misses on the album.
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    CM1847 wrote:
    Did anybody pick this one up or at least hear it? It is a surprisingly boring album, they could have cut off the second half and they would have been left with something decent. Even the highlights aren't really that great, at least not Outkast-quality great.
    outkast....pppffftt
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Just got it today. It's not too bad(1 listen) but I don't considered it official because it was kinda thrown together as opposed to the movie portion of it.

Didn't Andre and Big Boi rap on Ghettomusick of the Speakerboxxx album?
    NERDS!