New Beck

CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
edited July 2006 in Other Music
http://www.beck.com has a new video up, the first single from his upcoming album. I had no idea about this album, anybody know any details? I can't find a release date anywhere. The song is "Think I'm In Love", it is pretty good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    thanks.. going to check it :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    cool thanks..din expect a new album this soon!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    found a downloadable link for the video in flv format

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FCEF566759CDEBB7

good song imo..really digging it..anyone got a link to the other new one that's been out for awhile..Cellphone's Dead?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    nice...cant wait for the album
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i really liked the direction of the last album and glad he's still going down that path.. odelay style beck is the way to go for me!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • YES

Good christ, this year really is the best in 10 years.

I had no idea about this, but Beck is one of my favorite artists.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • bharQ wrote:
    i really liked the direction of the last album and glad he's still going down that path.. odelay style beck is the way to go for me!
    I love him no matter what he's doing, but Sea Change is one of the most beautiful albums ever made. :)

"Make our day"
  • hey i can't find the video on his site and can't make that format of download work, what do i do?

"Make our day"
  • ^^ scratch that, i found it.

Awesome song/video I'm really looking forward to this!

"Make our day"
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    I love him no matter what he's doing, but Sea Change is one of the most beautiful albums ever made. :)

sea change is easily my favorite beck album. i've tried to make my friends listen to it so many times but they just dont seem to get it.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Sea Change is great...but a difficult album. Sometimes it is just a little too depressing for my tastes. Odelay is still one of the best album of all time, IMO. I liked Guero though and the new song is pretty cool...need a couple more listens though.
  • Sea Change is amazing. The feeling in that album comes across so explicitly. It should have won awards.
    "They would have you kill all the world's children to save theirs."- Maura Kincaid
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    Sea Change is great...but a difficult album. .

These are my thoughts about that record exactly. I just don't find myself going back to it very often. It is such a downer, but still it does have some beautiful moments.

Mutations has always been my favorite Beck album, followed closely by Odelay. Guero was a nice surprise for me, and I liked that new song. Looking forward to the new record.

So now I've got the Crowes Taller Sessions, the live MMJ, a new radiohead, and a new Beck record to look forward to all before the end of the year (hopefully).
    rock chalk
  • Sea Change is amazing. The feeling in that album comes across so explicitly. It should have won awards.
    I can die to "Sea Change". And i mean that in the most literal way possible.. it's transcending.

"Make our day"
    jhawk98 wrote:

So now I've got the Crowes Taller Sessions, the live MMJ, a new radiohead, and a new Beck record to look forward to all before the end of the year (hopefully).

I think Radiohead is coming out early next year .....

Oh and those Crowes sessions youre referring to? Actually two discs-one is 'Band"(from in between 3 Snakes and one Charm and By Your Side I believe) and 'Tall"(from in between Southern Harmony and Musical Companion and Amorica).....whole lotta Crowes there.

Some die just to live.
    CM1847 wrote:
    http://www.beck.com has a new video up, the first single from his upcoming album. I had no idea about this album, anybody know any details? I can't find a release date anywhere. The song is "Think I'm In Love", it is pretty good.

yes it is.. thanks!
  • a new beck album already??? nice!! :)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Not bad at all. The hat looked cool.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    LedZepFan wrote:
    I think Radiohead is coming out early next year .....

Oh and those Crowes sessions youre referring to? Actually two discs-one is 'Band"(from in between 3 Snakes and one Charm and By Your Side I believe) and 'Tall"(from in between Southern Harmony and Musical Companion and Amorica).....whole lotta Crowes there.

Yeah I couldn't remember when the radiohead record was due out. That's why I said "hopefully" by the end of the year.

I've always just heard to them referred to as the taller sessions. I got bootleg copies of them a couple of years back through a CD tree online. Good stuff for the most part, and much better than the songs that actually made the 3 snakes record IMO.
    rock chalk
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    a new beck album already??? nice!! :)

hell yes. no pun intended.
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I heard Think I'm In Love the other day and I really liked it.

There was an interview he did with mtv.com on beck.com where he talked about the new album, but now it's gone (or I can't find it). Beck has also been saying that there's going to be a 10th Anniversary Edition of Odelay released later this year as well (with extra tracks, hopefully).
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
    zircona1 wrote:
    Beck has also been saying that there's going to be a 10th Anniversary Edition of Odelay released later this year as well (with extra tracks, hopefully).
    will definitely get that!..will probably be released like the usual Geffen Deluxe Editions

speaking of new tunes..for those who havent heard Cell Phone's Dead here it is..enjoy :)

http://www.mooncolonyrazorblade.com/mp3/beck-cell.mp3

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    will definitely get that!..will probably be released like the usual Geffen Deluxe Editions

speaking of new tunes..for those who havent heard Cell Phone's Dead here it is..enjoy :)

http://www.mooncolonyrazorblade.com/mp3/beck-cell.mp3

hi axl ~ great song, thank you :)
    kdpjam wrote:
    hi axl ~ great song, thank you :)
    no problem :)..i love it too!
    sounds very Guero-ish to me

yet another new Beck song

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4BDA9A3A308E0317

YNWA
    more new Beck..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B5B5964B17FC57D8

the new album titled "The Information" is scheduled to be out October 3rd..damn 2006 has been a great year for music!

YNWA
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    sea change is easily my favorite beck album. i've tried to make my friends listen to it so many times but they just dont seem to get it.

My favourite too. I don't know anyone else with that record somehow. Not that lists mean shit, but I was glad to see it in Rolling Stone's top 500 a few years back.

PJ Sparks
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • I can die to "Sea Change". And i mean that in the most literal way possible.. it's transcending.

What a beautiful album just press play and enjoy....

I really like mutations as well
    has anyone checked out beck's myspace page lately? i heard nausea for the first time the other nite... great songs on there.
    kdpjam wrote:
    has anyone checked out beck's myspace page lately? i heard nausea for the first time the other nite... great songs on there.

thanks for the heads up

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    thanks for the heads up

no prob ;)