Cursive - Happy Hollow

CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Anybody looking forward to this release tomorrow? Anybody heard it yet? It is streaming on their Myspace for those interested. I can't wait to hear it tomorrow.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    you know i might be. I liked the ugly organ, but i just don't find myself going back to listen to it often so i'm on the fence.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I'm in a similar position. I got a copy of The Ugly Organ and I like it, but it really isn't my favorite. I'm still picking up the new one because I need something new and I've heard good things so far. I enjoy the first single, Dorthy at Forty, you can download it off of their site if you want to hear it.
  • I saw them live a few months ago
    Good show...maybe a little short for my tastes...

but I'll ditto the above.
    Liked the UO
    and some of their older stuff - yet to hear this.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • i've had an "advance copy" of happy hollow for about two weeks. it's really good. speaking of cursive, did anyone check out jazz hessian on cursive's myspace page?
    This is a very good album. I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them in Ugly Organ, but there seems to be a new fascination with horns on this album, maybe a replacement for the cello they lost since then?
  • CM1847 wrote:
    This is a very good album. I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them in Ugly Organ, but there seems to be a new fascination with horns on this album, maybe a replacement for the cello they lost since then?
    they had three guys on horns live when I saw them and supposedly, for a while, the girl that does the cello was out of the band. but she was on stage in July.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
    they had three guys on horns live when I saw them and supposedly, for a while, the girl that does the cello was out of the band. but she was on stage in July.
    That is pretty cool they had them live. I love the ending on "Dorothy Dreams of Tornados" with the horns coming in strong. There is another near the end of the album which has a similar effect, but I can't think of the name of it at the moment.
    I can't stop listening to this album, it is probably my favorite of the year thusfar. It is really a grower, a fast grower, I wasn't overly impressed by it on the first few listens, but I am loving it now.
  • I love Cursive, but have yet to hear this album. I do know that when the cello player left they didn't want to replace her, and instead wanted to head in a different direction, which ended up being the addition of horns.