...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - So Divided

CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Anybody pick this up this week? It's more like "Worlds Apart" than their earlier stuff. I'm not too hot on it after 1 and a half listens, but I wasn't with Worlds Apart either and that turned out to be pretty good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    they really butchered "goldheart mountain top queen directory"
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    going to pick this one up in the next week should be a good listen...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • not too impressed
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    anyone going to the show at Firestone in ORL on Friday? Should be a good show w/ them and the Blood Brothers. See you there. Oh and if you missed Margot and the Nuclear So and So's this past Monday at the Social, sorry about that. They put on a great set.
    Live Free or Die!
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Gold Heard Mountain is easily the worst song. Eight Days of Hell sounds like they are doing their best Neutral Milk Hotel impression.
  • i bought So didvided yesterday along with damien rice's new album, i only gave it one listen , and i liek what i hear so far, i neeed a couple of more listens to get a full decision
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    After a few listens it sounds a lot like "Worlds Apart" without the good rockers("The Rest Will Follow") but with some good indie rock/pop songs("Eight Days of Hell" and the second song).
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I forgot this came out this week. I might have to pick it up this weekend.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • i've had it d/l for a while and bought it yesterday. i absolutely love it.
    i really do like the cover song...however, the best tracks to me are as follows:

so divided
    wasted state of mind
    stand in silence
    life

actually, they're all pretty decent. i dont know if i'll like it as much as worlds apart but it's a good effort. i hope it does well because conrad is quite down on his lack of success (check out the interview he did on pitchfork).
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith