good work music?

edited April 2008 in Other Music
i need some good music to listen to at work. i generally listen to stuff like Sigur Ros or Cronus Quartet at work. kinda epic soundtrack stuff that isn't too distracting. need some good soundtracks or maybe even classical.

but if you like to listen to other types of music thats fine too. i'm open to suggestions/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KannKann Posts: 1,146
    A man with nice instrumentals, almost classical, is craig armstrong. He did several movie scores, but his own albums are better. I really like his album "the space between us".

And since you're open to other suggestion, when I'm at work I like to listen to ambient electronica stuff like :

death in vegas (try dead elvis and/or the contino sessions)
    dj shadow (try entroducing and/or the private press)
    unkle (try psyence fiction)
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    NIN - Ghosts

not your usual NIN album. its an ambient instrumental album.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Miles Davis - In A Silent Way

Nick Drake - Pink Moon
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    any pink floyd album. or pantera if your getting alittle stressed.
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    lephty wrote:
    NIN - Ghosts

not your usual NIN album. its an ambient instrumental album.

I Have that on right now :)
    Nice to know you.
  • Gone by Pearl Jam
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I'm trying to build up a small jazz collection to play at work. We have a tiny office with clients coming through on a regular basis, so I have to give my music selection careful thought. I have some John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk and Charles Mingus so far.
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    MrSmith wrote:
    i need some good music to listen to at work. i generally listen to stuff like Sigur Ros or Cronus Quartet at work. kinda epic soundtrack stuff that isn't too distracting. need some good soundtracks or maybe even classical.

but if you like to listen to other types of music thats fine too. i'm open to suggestions/
    I prefer my work music be slightly more lively, so I haven't gone this route, but from what I've heard of Johnny Greenwood's score for "There Will Be Blood", it would fit the bill of what you are describing.
  • Try Music for Airports by Brian Eno.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Try Music for Airports by Brian Eno.
    1/1 = most relaxing composition ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Broken Social Scene and Menomena are what I listen to for working (and Sigur Ros but you have that one covered).
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • soclose wrote:
    I'm trying to build up a small jazz collection to play at work. We have a tiny office with clients coming through on a regular basis, so I have to give my music selection careful thought. I have some John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk and Charles Mingus so far.

Give this station a try:

http://www.sky.fm/mp3/jazz.pls
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    -Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Lift your skinny fist like antennas to heaven
    -Explosions in the Sky- The earth is not a cold dead place

All the jazz suggestions are excellent

Miles Davis- Kind of Blue, In a Silent Way, Sketches of Spain
    John Coltrane-Blue Steps
    Herbie Hancock- Empyrean Isles or Maiden voage
    Wes Montgomery-Incredible Jazz Guitar
    Kenny Burrell- Midnight Blue
    Charles Mingus-Mingus Ah Um