anybody here like PJ?

edited April 2008 in Other Music
PJ Harvey that is. listening to Rub Til It Bleeds right now. badass song.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I really like her latest album and Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea, but I'm not as familiar with her other albums though. Which one should I get next?
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    Never heard much of her music, but there was one song i remember i liked, i think it was called Down in the Water or something.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    get RID OF ME.

its raw and awesome, or should i say. RAWSOME?

but really, its fuckin great.

this thread was a while ago, it didnt get very far, but some suggestions: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=275961&highlight=harvey
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Love PJ!!! I have a pretty good live show on my work computer. Can't remember what its from but I'll post Monday when I get to work.
  • spnkri wrote:
    I really like her latest album and Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea, but I'm not as familiar with her other albums though. Which one should I get next?

yeah, 'rid of me' is good. they are all pretty solid from what i've heard, though i skip through some songs.
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    She's the greatest female artist of our time ... but that's just me. Fuck Madonna!
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    4-Track Demos, my favourite PJ Harvey. To Bring You My Love and Is This Desire are also classics in my opinion. Actually the one that brought her the most attention, Stories from......, kinda iritates me, I've hardly once been able to get all the way through it.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Brain Of E wrote:
    Never heard much of her music, but there was one song i remember i liked, i think it was called Down in the Water or something.
    Yeah, Down in the Water is great. The whole To Bring You My Love album is excellent. Rid of Me is also brilliant but then again, everything Steve Albini does is brilliant.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Rid of Me is also brilliant but then again, everything Steve Albini does is brilliant.
    Hmmm............actually I once heard some songs from a band of his called Big Black that I liked, tried to find a torrent and was inundated with pictures of outrageously big black willys.
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    01 - Uhhuhher
    02 - Meet Ze Monsta
    03 - The Letter
    04 - Big Exit - Who The Fuck
    05 - Dress
    06 - Evol
    07 - Elise
    08 - Shame
    09 - Victory
    10 - You Come Through
    11 - The Darkest Days
    12 - Good Fortune
    13 - Down By The Water
    14 - Taut
    15 - Harder
    16 - Cat On The Wall
    17 - The Whores
    18 - Mystery Of Love
    19 - My Friends Have
    20 - Rid Of Me
    21 - To Bring You My Love

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wqtk2a
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    elmer wrote:
    Hmmm............actually I once heard some songs from a band of his called Big Black that I liked, tried to find a torrent and was inundated with pictures of outrageously big black willys.
    Big Black are pretty much my second favourite band ever. In fact, I just bought their debut album, Atomizer, on vinyl last week on ebay. Quite rare. they never released it on CD.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"