Has anybody seen Yellow Submarine?

i_am_a_wishlisti_am_a_wishlist Posts: 628
edited July 2006 in Other Music
The animated film by the Beatles. I love the Beatles and this movie sounds like some funky shit man. They were on drugs no doubt. Where can I get it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suffragettesuffragette Posts: 253
    To age myself, I saw it when it came out. I was 6 or so and was mad that it was a cartoon and that the boys only appeared at the end. When they did appear, they looked so different than they did in Help. Since then, I've learned that it really is funny and psychedelic. Drug inspired but also groundbreaking animation.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    id say you can get it anywhere. amazon. ebay. half.com. its on dvd everywhere.

try half.com first. then go from there. its a trip thats for sure.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    it's fucked up, man. i've watched it a few times. very very fucked up. i love it.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I think I got my DVD of it from Amazon like 4 years ago.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I tried to watch it once, but I think I was coming at it from the wrong angle.

I was sober at the time.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • The Beatles themselves didn't provide the voices for that cartoon. Actors did the voiceovers for John, Paul, George and Ringo. The Beatles only appeared in a filmed epilogue sequence, for a couple of minutes before the end of the film.
  • addvsaddvs Posts: 34
    Yeah, I've actually got it on video. I love that movie! I always remember the line where "Paul" says something about blue glass and then "Ringo" says "oh, it must be from Kentucky".... I'm from Kentucky, so I thought it was funny. But yeah, definetely a movie enhanced by the use of some drug. Good shit, though...........

*** We all live in a Yellow Submarine...Yellow Submarine... Yellow Submarine......." :D
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    That sounds really good. I'm glad. I'm a big enough Audioslave fan, but I thought Original Fire was shite. Very dissapointing. This is promising though.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me