Options

Tool!

joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Anybody excited about 10,000 days? Drops May 2nd.
"I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    joshls wrote:

Hell yeah! It's been so long since they last bought a record out. I got tickets to see them in June yesterday, can't wait!
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    i was wondering, does anyone know what 10,000 days refers to?
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    loucifaloucifa Posts: 42
    Has it been confirmed that its 10,000 days? Remeber threads that it might be false.
    2008-06-28\\2008-06-30\\2006-05-25\\2006-05-24\\2006-05-13\\2005-10-03\\
    2004-09-28\\2004-09-29\\2003-07-11\\2003-07-02\\2003-07-03\\2000-08-29\\
    2000-08-30\\1998-09-16\\1998-09-15\\1996-09-26\\
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    10,000 days is a shitty album name.
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:

it's better then 9,999 days :D
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • Options
    very.

anyone going to coachella to see them?
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    album of the year!
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    album of the year!
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    dylan rain wrote:
    very.

anyone going to coachella to see them?
    i am! don't know how i'm getting there yet though, i might have to rent a car, but i'll be there and i can't wait! :)
  • Options
    i am! don't know how i'm getting there yet though, i might have to rent a car, but i'll be there and i can't wait! :)

haha i'm in the same boat, if my friend doesnt pass her drivers test i'm fucked.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    joshls wrote:

A better question may be; Anybody not excited about 10,000 days?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Jellyrolls wrote:

what's shittier? the name or the person that doesn't understand the name?
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    fmrllsfmrlls Posts: 13
    Vicarious... 1st Sinlge

Andy King Review (DJ from TotalRock Radio, London,EN)

"Vicarious (7min 3sec). Mesmeric start. Hypnotic beat. Jagged, angular off beats.
    Familiar trancey passages punctuated by a guitar part reminiscent of an older
    Tool track. Tribal drum beats f@!# with a lovely melody and climax with
    Maynard’s vocals. I am going to cry."
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    i'm way excited about this album...anyone heard anything off it yet?
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    dylan rain wrote:
    haha i'm in the same boat, if my friend doesnt pass her drivers test i'm fucked.
    good luck with that! hope it works out for ya :)
    are you going for both days or just the second day? (i'm just going on the second day)
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *waves to my twiny*

VERY excited for new TOOL! :D I already feel kinda bad for it though...coming out the same day as PJ I honestly don't know when I'm gonna be able to listen to it and give it the attention it deserves. Eeeek! :eek: :p

Anyways, still very much looking forward to 10,000 days. Love this band & my goodness it really has been that long since we've had new material. ;)

2006 is an extremely blessed musical year.
    :o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    I'm looking forward to it. I wouldn't say I'm a big Tool fan since I only own Lateralus but I do like their material. Pearl Jam will come first by far on that day though.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    MCG wrote:
    A better question may be; Anybody not excited about 10,000 days?

Not really, but I'll listen when it comes out
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    one of my friends was looking up meanings of 10,000 days and came across some fairly relevant info~

Maynard was on the Axis of Justice tour which was pretty much an anti-war music fest (system of a down, audioslave bono and maynard are the main pupils... good album too.. check it out)

Apparently Vietnam has been refered to as the 10,000 days war

so i am guessing that he may be comparing the "war on terror" to the vietnam war since vietnam was considered an unnecessary war and a large percentage of our current population think that the war on iraq is not necessary also.

cant wait for May 2 even more~
  • Options
    damiendamien Posts: 40
    maynards mom was in a coma for 27 years. she passed in 2003. 27 years is 10,322 days.
    Randell's island 1,2-1996
    Ft Lauderdale-1996
    New Jersey-1998
    MSG 1,2-1998
    Jones beach 1,2,3-2000
    Nassau-2003
    msg 1,2-2003
    Boston-2004
    Kissimmee-2004
    Philly-2006
    New Jersey 2-2006
    MSG 1 , 2 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo 1,2-2008
  • Options
    i think pj and tool know when my birthday is because they are both dropping their albums the day after my birthday. this is going to be the best birthday ever! oh yea, did i mention that it'll be my 21st?
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead."
  • Options
    Jellyrolls wrote:

It's 9983 better than the name of the last 3 Doors Down album.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I just hope that the songs are long for a reason this time. Lateralus got a bit pretentious after the 3rd listen...many of the songs would have been a lot better if they would have lost 2-3 minutes of ideas that went nowhere.

Aenima is their best IMHO. I also enjoy hearing them live, though many of their fans are doorknob-humping retards. I'll never forget the booing of King Crimson by brainless Tool fans.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    enharmonic wrote:
    I just hope that the songs are long for a reason this time. Lateralus got a bit pretentious after the 3rd listen...many of the songs would have been a lot better if they would have lost 2-3 minutes of ideas that went nowhere.

I know what you mean there. I love Lateralus as much as anybody but enough is enough. I love the moodiness of Tool but they got a bit carried a way at a few points on lateralus.

It does look like maybe they cut some fat off of this one, so maybe the album will be pretty in your face. The great tracks on all their albums are the actual songs. I hope this album continues their technical growth, but I would like to see them mix that with some heavier stuff.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I'm looking forward to it. I hope they will make an album like Undertow with some influences of Aenema.
  • Options
    damien wrote:
    maynards mom was in a coma for 27 years. she passed in 2003. 27 years is 10,322 days.

she was not in a coma, however she did have an aneurysm when maynard was around eleven (which gives insight into the songs Jimmy and Judith)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    i heard some stuff earlier, music is cool, not too sure about vocals, but they are just a background kidna effect in my opinion which makes it better too
  • Options
    murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    It was announced yesterday that the first single would be "Vicarious" and will be released April 17th. http://www.toolshed.down.net

...also check out the promo pics (go to images and then click on band)
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Some of those promo pictures are hilarious, wonder where Maynard got his apron?!