New Queens of The Stone Age song- You Know What You Did

PandemicPandemic Posts: 54
edited April 2007 in Other Music
So QOTSA and the guy who maintains their website held a "mysterious" contest for members of their message board. The prize was Fed Ex'ed to several winners. Included in the package was this song and instructions were given to spread it around far and wide.

"You Know What You Did" from the upcoming QOTSA cd, Era Vulgaris.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lo57bg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    This may take a few listens.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 54
    At about 2:28 in, you can hear Trent Reznor doing backing vocals.

Oh, and some people believe the handwriting of the letter is Homme's.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    this is a good song.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    cool song, cheers for the download.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Very cool idea for marketing. I'll enjoy this when i get home!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    I LOVE IT! Put it on loop for the last 20 minutes!
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    It was alright.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Freaking Kewl.
  • The track is actually called Era Vulgaris like the album. The file on sendspace was called You Know What You Did to trick the JLO fans into thinking it was one of hers.
    Manchester 4/6/2000

and then wait 6 years...

Leeds 25/8/2006
    Paris 11/9/2006
    Wembley 18/6/2007
    Check out the Wembley Blog here - http://pjwembley.wordpress.com/
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Diggin' it! Sounds like it could be on Songs for the Deaf. Should sound pretty good live.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Thanks for posting this. I like.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Pandemic wrote:
    So QOTSA and the guy who maintains their website held a "mysterious" contest for members of their message board. The prize was Fed Ex'ed to several winners. Included in the package was this song and instructions were given to spread it around far and wide.

"You Know What You Did" from the upcoming QOTSA cd, Era Vulgaris.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lo57bg

What an odd/cool way to put it out, very creative to say the least.
  • It's not bad, but why did they bother with the SPEED UP-SLOW DOWN thing? It adds nothing to the song. That crazy fast drum fill at the beginning in the middle of the verses threw me off completely.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    I like the little freak outs.
  • I like the sound of this song, am I right to pressume that this is the new QOTSA single or is it just a leaked song? This seems almost directly influenced from DFA 1979 and seems more evil dance rock than your usual queens of the stone age song. But if the other four were any indication of how this will sound I bet it will be a must have. bow to josh
  • illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    WOW! This is great!! Everything they put out is so good.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    I like the sound of this song, am I right to pressume that this is the new QOTSA single or is it just a leaked song? This seems almost directly influenced from DFA 1979 and seems more evil dance rock than your usual queens of the stone age song. But if the other four were any indication of how this will sound I bet it will be a must have. bow to josh

It's a non-album track.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I really dig this song.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    it's got a beat and you can dance to it.

i give it a nine.
  • I read an interview where he said that the band had so much material that it no longer needed to lift material from dessert sessions and I looked on the track listing to see that one of the songs make it with chu is from dessert sessiosn 9 and 10 which is cool because that song kicks a huge ass
    pjl44 wrote:
    It's a non-album track.

Supposedly, but it's hard to imagine the song that Reznor sings on and the song the album is named after won't make the cut.

I apologize for not getting the name right in my original post.
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    If it's a non-album track, how come it says in the letter it is, and I quote, "the track ERA Vulgaris. It was pulled from the album (of the same name)"?
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...