Options

Alice In Chains

Scratchin a LetterScratchin a Letter Posts: 2,303
edited May 2006 in Other Music
So "they" are playing the Donnington festival in June, who is on lead vocals??? Please don't say Jerry Cantrell or I might throw up... love 'em but is he a tosser or what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    William DuVall is now singing. And why is Jerry Cantrell a "tosser"? Its a strange remark to make...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    So "they" are playing the Donnington festival in June, who is on lead vocals??? Please don't say Jerry Cantrell or I might throw up... love 'em but is he a tosser or what?

Jerry's always done a fair share of the lead vocal duties for AIC. Are you new to this band?

But JennyTree is right, Wiliam DuVall will be handling Layne's stuff.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Jerry's done more than his fair share of vox for AIC from day one. Whether in the lead role or backing the one and only Layne, he's always been singing and doing an amazing job! He's no Layne, but he's not supposed to be and has never pretended to be.

And if you've ever seen Jerry live, he doesn't bother trying to sing songs that are like Layne trademarks...though I saw him a few years ago and one of his guitarists did a dead-on Layne impersonation for an amazing rendition of Rooster. Wow.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    negationistnegationist Posts: 237
    Love Jerry, fantastic harmonies with Layne. But who's this guy that's playing for them on this tour n where's he from?
    If Pearl Jam was a beer, they'd probably be the best beer in the world!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    William duvall is the backing vocals on jerry's solo albums
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Did they already perform as a band? How did it sound if they did?
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    It will never be the same without Layne, but I'm all for the Alice reunion. Layne would want his (and Alice's) music out there and being played for the fans.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    William DuVall has an excellent voice and sounds great live. He sang Layne's parts on Jerry Cantrell's solo tour a couple years back and was dead-on IMO. I think he's a great choice for replacement.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    William DuVall last month joined AIC when they opened for Heart who were filming a VH1 show. He sounded good to me.

He is the lead singer for Comes With The Fall.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613

As already stated in earlier posts, Jerry has always sung on AIC songs along with Layne.
    Do you personally know Jerry then, to make the comment that he is a tosser? :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Ben Red BlueBen Red Blue Posts: 124
    I love JC, hes all I want. Be it AIC or Solo Im hapy.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Jerry's the fuckin man!:)
    Tosser a term reserved for the likes of Chad Kroger and Scott Stapp
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    This was in my mail. For those who are intrested in AIC.

Dirt | Issue 6

Hello Alice In Chains fans,

A MASSIVE announcement will be made on AliceInChains.com on May 15 at around 4pm PST. It's so big that we can't even hint at what it's about but we can tell you that you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't stop by the site at around 4pm PST on Monday.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Is the VH1 Heart tribute show available to watch anywhere online? I really wanna hear how the new guy sounds singing those songs, I like his band from what I've heard.
  • Options
    conguitaconguita Posts: 222
    i'm gonna check them live in Lisbon, next 25th.... :):):)

on the same day:
    tool
    placebo
    primitive reason
    and... DEFTONES!

ieeeeeeeeeeeeiii!!
    ..:: I wanna taste everyone I see ::..