Godsmack, Wallingford CT 5/25

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I was going back and forth on this one, cheap tickets and good seats...mmmm, saw Godsmack @ Ozzfest a hundred years ago and they were pretty good. Caved and got tix, 3 PJ clubbers going if anyone wants to meet in the parking lot beforehand. Plan on just a few drinks and maybe something to eat since the food at the Chevrolet theatre sux.
Nice way to start off a week long vacation, heading to Daytona / Ormond Beach on Saturday..Yeah!!
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i had tix for this Tuesday show in Upper Darby PA, but gave my ticket to my sis's friend. I dunno.. when they went on sale i was real excited to see them, but this past week i decided i didnt wanna go. I've seen the like 5 times already
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Dude, i grew up in Wallingford!

The theater there is awesome as well. Best show i've ever seen there was STP. Opened with Shine on You Crazy Diamond.

Okay...carry on
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    these guys are awful..

think they are some AIC tribute band or something.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    I BrisK I wrote:
    these guys are awful..

Really??Is that what they think. Just because a band isnt very good doesnt mean they are all trying to be a AIC or Pearl Jam knock off.
  • StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    Dude, i grew up in Wallingford!

The theater there is awesome as well. Best show i've ever seen there was STP. Opened with Shine on You Crazy Diamond.

Okay...carry on

holy shit i was at that show!! haha, they kicked ass that nite. some crap band "hometown hero" opened for them, terrible.

that was right before STP split too, good show.

good times at the oakdale
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I BrisK I wrote:
    these guys are awful..

Better than sitting home on a Friday night tho :)
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i ended up going tonight...was really bored... now hear me out

godsmack are a good band, yes.. musically they kick ass.. their live show sucks..and honestly.. they're not hard enough for me...

a band called saint caine (or something like that) opened, and were utter crapola
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I went tonight too, drank a lot and had a grand time!! Do what I told ya, stay away from me!!! Come on those guys may not be the best but they play their asses off!!
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I went tonight too, drank a lot and had a grand time!! Do what I told ya, stay away from me!!! Come on those guys may not be the best but they play their asses off!!

I really don't like Godsmack, but I saw them last year, and I thought they were pretty damn good live. But then again, I was pretty god damn drunk, so my beer headphones may have been turned way up.