Options

Best Arctic Monkeys Song...

Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
edited May 2006 in Other Music
First, if you have not bought the Album..you should. Do not be put off by it because of the Silly British Press' overhype. It groves and has some serious melody.

Anyway, Really digging "Fake Takes From San Francisco". It cracks me up. What about you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured is my favorite. Very strong album. Lives up to the hype.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    rucchinrucchin Posts: 25
    that's mardy bum
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    First, if you have not bought the Album..you should. Do not be put off by it because of the Silly British Press' overhype. It groves and has some serious melody.

Anyway, Really digging "Fake Takes From San Francisco". It cracks me up. What about you?

I really dig their Sheffield accents!
  • Options
    SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    britpop is the devil in music form, what a garbage form of music
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:
    britpop is the devil in music form, what a garbage form of music

always nice to generalize to show your ignorance.

I am sure people generalize about PJ being in the same category as Creed and Nickleback......which obviously isn't the case
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am sure people generalize about PJ being in the same category as Creed and Nickleback......which obviously isn't the case

how so, its all standard "rock" music, with solos and power chords. and deep throated vocals. The fact that Pearl Jam is (subjectively) better doesn't really make them in a different genre of music.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Its a little different because Nickelback and Creed have/had careers thanks to Pearl Jam's success. But they are pretty much the same genre of music.

I prefer the first track on the Arctic Monkeys album, "The View From...." something, not really sure the last word(s). All of the songs are good, but honestly none of them really stand out that much above the rest.
  • Options
    SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    always nice to generalize to show your ignorance.

hey man from all of that crap i have heard, from cold play to modest mouse to the killers, I cannot stand that type of music. The killers cd fell into my hands and I listened to it and man, what a bad cd, I could not believe the amount of attention it was getting!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I saw them tonight. Good gig, and I'm not what you'd call a fan.
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:
    hey man from all of that crap i have heard, from cold play to modest mouse to the killers, I cannot stand that type of music. The killers cd fell into my hands and I listened to it and man, what a bad cd, I could not believe the amount of attention it was getting!

Well Coldplay is nothing special, but MM and the Killers put out two great records. Hmmm, you must think Disturbed and Godsmack are worth listening too, Aye?

I would agree that the quality of the Artic Monkeys songs are similar and of high quality, 1-6 are some serious (and important) steps for "Modern Rock". Say what you want about "Brit-pop" but I do not think your average American Kid at age 20 could put something this tight and sophisticated out. Just going by the 20 year old dufuses that I know around here. The music they make sucks, so does the music they listen too.
  • Options
    Well Coldplay is nothing special, but MM and the Killers put out two great records. Hmmm, you must think Disturbed and Godsmack are worth listening too, Aye?

MM and the Killers combined have put out two excellent records.

Those being The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon And Antarctica, of course
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    MM and the Killers combined have put out two excellent records.

Those being The Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon And Antarctica, of course

Ah, but dude you forgot "Hot Fuss". (Smilie here)
  • Options
    Ah, but dude you forgot "Hot Fuss". (Smilie here)

:big smiley here:
  • Options
    I was being half serious, I really liked the album! I will have to go get MMs back catalogue.
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:

Dude, none of the bands you mentioned even qualify as britpop!

Here is a sample:

Blur
    Oasis
    Travis
    Arctic Monkeys
    Futureheads
    Bloc Party
    Supergrass

happy listening!
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    A Certain Romance. Something about that track just grabs me every time.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Obscured1Obscured1 Posts: 56
    I cant get enough of the 2nd half of Whatever... I start off with- still take you home, and just let it play. My fav right now is, when the sun goes down.
  • Options
    Obscured1 wrote:
    I cant get enough of the 2nd half of Whatever... I start off with- still take you home, and just let it play. My fav right now is, when the sun goes down.

Da-da-dadadadad-da-da .......Oh but you know nothing
    Yeah but I will stil take you home...Oh but you know nothing
  • Options
    BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Skip through the 45 seconds, and When the Sun Goes Down is great.
  • Options
    modernmonkeymodernmonkey Posts: 176
    merkinball wrote:
    A Certain Romance. Something about that track just grabs me every time.

yeah def....was singing it to a girl last time i was drunk ! ~!
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    CM1847 wrote:
    I prefer the first track on the Arctic Monkeys album, "The View From...." something, not really sure the last word(s). All of the songs are good, but honestly none of them really stand out that much above the rest.

same thought here...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    Skooled wrote:

You do know the Killers are american, right? edit: and hey, is not Modest Mouse american too?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    I would agree that the quality of the Artic Monkeys songs are similar and of high quality, 1-6 are some serious (and important) steps for "Modern Rock".

ok, seriously... i listened to a few tracks from the artic monkeys. not bad, but nothing spectacular or mind-blowing. CERTAINLY not "important" steps for modern rock. it's just middle of the road, well done britpop. nothing ground-breaking, mind-blowing, or new. i listened, enjoyed, and quickly forgot. maybe ill download it again and give it another shot. but i truly didnt hear anything to write home about.

i do like the bloc party cd though. good stuff. im gonna put that on now actually...
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I really love Riot van
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    and the last song on the album.
  • Options
    Coming from the UK I have to say that the Artic Monkeys album is good, a great lyricist although he's no differnt to Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) or Squeeze telling stories about everyday life, the music on the other hand is pretty unadventurous and yes maybe we should forget the hype but when it 's shoved down your throats you either lap it up or like me you start to react, their good but thats it and the UK press reaction just makes me more likely to start disliking them, they get more praise and thats unanimous over here than Bands that have paid their dues.

Well we'll see if they can make it to the next album and not suffer Stone Roses syndrome, cause the press will be just as likely to knock um down as quick as they've built them up.

They've been mentioned in the same breath as Radiohead, now thats just plain wrong.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    ok, i just listened again... still not exactly nlown away. not a bad album by any means. but i dont hear anything on here exceptionally groundbreaking. nothing that hasnt been done on a supergrass album or something.

maybe i just dont get it?
  • Options
    Well we'll see if they can make it to the next album and not suffer Stone Roses syndrome, cause the press will be just as likely to knock um down as quick as they've built them up.

That would be very good news. If they get trashed then you can enjoy them in peace.
    They've been mentioned in the same breath as Radiohead, now thats just plain wrong.

Yes it is although I like their debut album better than I do Pablo Honey.
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    artic monks or whatever make spinal tap look serious....theyre a fucking joke
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    the best new band I've heard since the Doves.
    At the moment I love Dancing Shoes.