Who Tickets

Rollin'RockRollin'Rock Posts: 37
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Anybody get Who tickets today....going to Philly Sept 12. Can't wait. I saw them in '02 in Hershey and the show great. Much better than expected, the energy was high. I hope they can still do it 4 years later.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i just got my tickets today for toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!
    im soooo excited...to bad its not till december :)
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Got mine. Way in the back corner, non-alcohol section (not sad for me, but potentially sad for my guest-to-be), but hey, I'll be there. Conveniently, they're playing Vancouver on Canadian Thanksgiving day weekend, so I don't have to book time off.

Seat location: Section 317, row 11, seats 111-112

Total Charge: CA $143.00

'Cause the sales are in Canadian dollars, it was cheaper than 2 tickets to PJ, even after all the "service" charges.
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    i can't afford to sit up front :(

i have been shoved to the back of the stadium because i am poor

it really sucks as i first started to listen to them in 1979
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    It's one thing to call yourself "The Who" after Keith Moon died, but when Entwistle pasted away they were no longer "The Who". I don't care how big their deaf guitarist's head is.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i was hoping too much that they would come to cincinnati, or more cities. i wonder if they have added all dates..

i'd like to know what their name is supposed to be if it isn't the who.... the wholess two? i like their attitude that the show will go on. pete and roger can still perform, and have been leading the band for awhile. even though keith and john made the who better, roger and pete make the band in the end. i think they deserve to call themselves the who.

and zak starkey is on drums.. right?!!! thats cool.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    Ooops! Double post!
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    kdpjam wrote:
    i was hoping too much that they would come to cincinnati, or more cities. i wonder if they have added all dates..

i'd like to know what their name is supposed to be if it isn't the who.... the wholess two? i like their attitude that the show will go on. pete and roger can still perform, and have been leading the band for awhile. even though keith and john made the who better, roger and pete make the band in the end. i think they deserve to call themselves the who.

and zak starkey is on drums.. right?!!! thats cool.

How about "Roger & Pete". Didn't see Led Zepplin Contiune.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    ski-bum wrote:
    It's one thing to call yourself "The Who" after Keith Moon died, but when Entwistle pasted away they were no longer "The Who". I don't care how big their deaf guitarist's head is.

first off, you're an asshole for slamming Townshend

look at it this way

the band did not break up, members died

think of it like a marriage, when a man and woman get divorced, the woman often reverts back to her maiden name

when a woman becomes a widower, she maintains her husband's name

the band did not "divorce" - they had members die, there's absolutely no reason they need to change their name

I'm just trying to put in a simplistic manner as to why I think they can call themselves whatever they want
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    Wish I could afford these tickets,.. I suppose The Who think their fans are fucking rich

I hate this shit
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

look at it this way

think of it like a marriage, when a man and woman get divorced, the woman often reverts back to her maiden name

the band did not "divorce" - they had members die, there's absolutely no reason they need to change their name

I'm just trying to put in a simplistic manner as to why I think they can call themselves whatever they want

Thank you for your coments. I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Didn't see Led Zepplin continue........
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Saw them on the UK leg of the tour and you'll be happy to know it rocked :D boys still got it... :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • ski-bum wrote:

Didn't see Led Zepplin continue........

ummm, not yet anyway....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002471692,00.html

Wow! That's interesting. Money talks! John Paul Johns Has had nothing nice to say about either of them for a long time now.

Would it REALLY be Led Zepplin?
    Is it REALLY Alice in Chains?
    I know it's not The Who!

PS. I saw The Who with Keith Moon at the Boston Garden a few years ago. Alright, maybe more than a few. Moon was so out of it, that around the third song he stood up and fell over his drum kit. They carried him off the stage and postponed the show until April 1st. April Fools Day. They reopened with "We Won't Get Fooled Again" Now that's rock & roll!
  • first off, you're an asshole for slamming Townshend

look at it this way

....yeah, but that thing they call INXS just isn't INXS and that Paul Rogers/ Queen thing is just blasphemy
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • I consider myself very lucky musically for 3 reasons...

1.) I saw Pantera before Dimebag died (he was amazing)

2.) I saw Jane's Addiction ( I don't think they'll be around again)

3.) I saw The Who with John. He was incedible.

I also saw them in August of 2002 after John had passed on. They were very good, but a notch below.

I'm not catching The Who this time, but I recommend any fans go. I personally think they ought to call it the "Daltrey and Townshend" tour, but that is really just semantics
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage

look at it this way

Huh, Looks like some other people also agree.
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 781
    Pete Townshend writes music for The Who. Roger Daltrey sings the songs that Pete writes for The Who. They are The Who so get over it.

q
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    Pete Townshend writes music for The Who. Roger Daltrey sings the songs that Pete writes for The Who. They are The Who so get over it.

q

ya this works for me as well

for me, personally, the who was all about pete and roger...not to take anything away from keith and john, but....
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    PJPook and I got tix for the JLC show in London ON. I haven't seen them since John passed away...it'll be different this time around....but I can't wait!
    So if Pete had died and the others went on as The Who, that would be OK?
    If Eddie Vedder died the rest of the band could still go on as Pearl jam?
    What's the differance. Because they only laid down the drum and bass tracks, it doesn't really count for them. Both of these musicians were up there with the best in their trade. I still think it's an insult!