Options

Who else will be at Radiohead-Philly tonite?

PatricSaint IIIPatricSaint III Posts: 208
edited June 2006 in Other Music
I'm really excited...it's the first night of their US tour and they've been there (the Tower Theater) the last 2 nights rehearsing. Should sound sweet...

I'm just gonna sit back in my seat and relax tonite....for a change.

Any of you going too?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I'm going in Montreal on the 11th! Let me know how the setlist was.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I'll be there. W.A.S.T.E. took very good care of us for this show and we have great seats. I would have taken seats absolutely anywhere in the house for this, so I'm especially excited that we're going to be close.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    I was shocked when I saw the seat location....Row AA.
  • Options
    eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    How was the concert guys?? im going tonight (friday) and pumped as hell. Just wondering what time they went on, if there was an opening act, how long they played, etc. Any input would be awesome. How did the new stuff sound?
  • Options
    Radiohead was simply amazing and sound was crisp....they rehearsed there at the Tower on Tues/Wed so I'm not surprised.
    Visually it's stunning too.

They came on at 9pm sharp, opening act was an electric/acoustic folk duo (guitar/violin). Not bad but not really remarkable...

Played until 10:55pm...lots of new (officially unreleased) material that most of the crowd already knew.

Very laid back atmosphere, security was pretty cool too, although except for the first few rows of the balcony, just about everyone stood for the entire show. I don't know why I originally thought otherwise.
    You're gonna love it...

Here's the setlist:

01 You And Whose Army
    02 The National Anthem
    03 2+2=5
    04 Open Pick
    05 15 Step
    06 Exit Music
    07 Kid A
    08 Nude
    09 Arpeggi
    10 Street Spirit
    11 Pyramid Song
    12 Myxomatosis
    13 House of Cards
    14 Spooks
    15 Idioteque
    16 Bangers N Mash
    17 There There

Encore 1:
    18 Airbag
    19 No Surprises
    20 Bodysnatchers
    21 Everything in its right place

Encore 2:
    22 4 Minute Warning
    23 Karma Police
  • Options
    eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    Yorke play any solo stuff?
  • Options
    I will be at Bonnaroo to see them. Can't fucking wait! The next weekend I will be at the PJ Cincy show!!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    eloesch1 wrote:
    Yorke play any solo stuff?
    I'm told that they did not last night but did at a couple of the European shows...
  • Options
    i was there last night! great show!!! im a radiohead fan but not a huge one...whats the deal with w.a.s.t.e what exactly is it? like the radiohead fan club?
  • Options
    i was there last night! great show!!! im a radiohead fan but not a huge one...whats the deal with w.a.s.t.e what exactly is it? like the radiohead fan club?
    yes, it is their fan club.....but it's not as "well developed" as 10C
  • Options
    my buddy was headin out...
    will see what he says tomorrow
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    I'm totally jealous. WIsh I could hit a show or two, but its not in the cards. Have a good one for me.....

Peace
  • Options
    I just got back from the Tower. It was actually the first time that I saw them live. UNREAL!!
  • Options
    KryptosKryptos Posts: 34
    How's the newer material...I haven't heard any of it yet.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Kryptos wrote:
    How's the newer material...I haven't heard any of it yet.

i downloaded the flac files for teh first few shows (including the big ask performance w/ thom and jonny) and hte new stuff sounds real nice! i especially like bodysnatchers, bangers n mash, house of cards...pretty much all of em :D

the older stuff was a bit more rough, thom joked on the first show of the tour that he doesn't remember the older stuff and his timing was a bit off singing some of the older stuff but after a few perfromances i'm sure everything will be back to normal!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way