the new R.E.M. live cd/dvd

bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
edited October 2007 in Other Music
how the f*ck good is this? i am blown away by how tight the boys sound on this one. really happy too with how the "Around the Sun" stuff was represented live. anyone else pick this up yet?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Picked it up on my way home from work today. R.E.M.'s live stuff is always excellent!
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • I picked it up this past Tuesday, and it is great.

I have to take mine back for another, though, 'cause mine has a bitch of a scratch on it. I know I didn't put it there, I take care of my stuff.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I dont know but I watched - R.E.M live @ dublin for 1 hour.. was on tv..

and it was one of the worst dvds ever.. the music was great but the editing.. no joke, a different camera angle every 3 seconds.. and there was just soo much editing i got very bored, i would have loved just a front angle shot of the band...

it just made the whole thing look like a video rather than a LIVE show..
  • I hate to be negative because i'm a huge REM fan and i've been looking forward to this for ages now.

The band sounds tighter than i've ever heard them, and the newer material is especially impressive. But like I Brisk I said, the filming is just horrible. It switches angle every 1 second so you can't follow what's going on at all. It makes me nauseous watching it. 'Bad Day' in particular is terrible; its like a snazzy 1980s music video.

I don't understand why they did this to the show; it had a great setlist and could've been a great thing to watch.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• The band sounds tighter than i've ever heard them, and the newer material is especially impressive. But like I Brisk I said, the filming is just horrible. It switches angle every 1 second so you can't follow what's going on at all. It makes me nauseous watching it.

I don't understand why they did this to the show; it had a great setlist and could've been a great thing to watch.
    this is exactly how i feel about Picture in a Frame!!!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    StuffnJunk wrote:

hmm i dont think its quite as bad
  • StuffnJunk wrote:

i understand what you mean. When i first saw the 'Life Wasted' clip that was posted on pearljam.com i thought the editing was a bit too fast. But i've watched the whole thing many times and i absolutely love it now.

I don't imagine i'll be watching the R.E.M. dvd all that much.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    REM really need to stop living off past glory and start making good music again. They are boring to me now, and I consider myself a big fan.