Options

WTF?!?! Live touring w. Nickelback in Canada

bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I can't believe I'm paying $50 to see Live open for Nickelback. I know "Birds of Pray" kind of sucked, but do Live fans have to be punished by seeing them perform for only 45 minutes and then sit through 2+ hours of Nickelback singles that all sound the same? This blows.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    THat does suck. i'm not a live fan but they are better then nickecrap!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    You should totally leave. I once went to see System of a Down and they were opening for Limp Bizkit! I am so ashamed that I gave them my money. When I was leaving after System, the security guard is like "There's no re-entry". I said "that's okay, I wasn't planning to come back!"
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I can't believe I'm paying $50 to see Live open for Nickelback. I know "Birds of Pray" kind of sucked, but do Live fans have to be punished by seeing them perform for only 45 minutes and then sit through 2+ hours of Nickelback singles that all sound the same? This blows.

I didn't know that Live was opening for Nickleback, weird, either way you burned for 50 bucks, maybe Live will play a smaller show for yah.
  • Options
    live was one of the great bands from the 90's. i think nickelback and live would be a kickass show.
  • Options
    That is shitty! Jerry Cantrell opened up for Nickelfag a couple of years ago, it should be the other way around!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Echo27 wrote:
    When I was leaving after System, the security guard is like "There's no re-entry". I said "that's okay, I wasn't planning to come back!"

That's great!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    cookie5798 wrote:
    That is shitty! Jerry Cantrell opened up for Nickelfag a couple of years ago, it should be the other way around!

WTF! Are you kidding me? Where?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Kricket wrote:
    It was quite an extensive nation wide tour. They came through my area I contemplated going and leaving after jerry's show but the cost was too much.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    Kricket wrote:
    yeah i went to that show, at hammerstein ballroom in nyc. it was the only instance where i went to a concert strictly for the opening band
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Holy shit! WTF happened to Live.
  • Options
    From Live's Website:

"LIVE has just been confirmed to perform as a special guest on the Nickelback Canadian tour!"

Opening band or Special Guest...Special Guest sounds better.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    man that does suck....live have certainly fallen at least from a commerical perspective. to be fair birds of pray was quite a bad album and V was just passable but their older material was awesome. nickelback's very early stuff was actually not too bad but anything after "how you remind me" is just awful particulary that one that goes "i like your pants around your feet".
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    From Live's Website:

"LIVE has just been confirmed to perform as a special guest on the Nickelback Canadian tour!"

Opening band or Special Guest...Special Guest sounds better.

PBM

i'm guessing that special guest is a polite way of saying opening band......
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    man that does suck....live have certainly fallen at least from a commerical perspective. to be fair birds of pray was quite a bad album and V was just passable but their older material was awesome. nickelback's very early stuff was actually not too bad but anything after "how you remind me" is just awful particulary that one that goes "i like your pants around your feet".

I remember hearing Leader of Men back in 2000 and thinking that it wasn't that bad.

Live's early stuff (Mental Jewelry/Throwing Copper) are mainstays in my iPod.

PBM

• Options
    intodeep wrote:
    It was quite an extensive nation wide tour. They came through my area I contemplated going and leaving after jerry's show but the cost was too much.

That's crazy, I totally don't remember that, I must of just seen Nickleback and not paid any attention to it.
  • Options
    I remember hearing Leader of Men back in 2000 and thinking that it wasn't that bad.

Live's early stuff (Mental Jewelry/Throwing Copper) are mainstays in my iPod.

PBM

yeah leader of men was pretty good, but it went downhill very quickly. throwing copper and the distance to here regulary get put in my cd player.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    it almost seems like yall hate nickelback because how you remind me and every song after that was a huge hit. fuck that, nickelback are bad to the bone fool.
  • Options
    I think the reason may be to expand Live's audience. I think the fact that they're paired up with Nickelback may be because their next album may be the same "meat and potatoes rock" feel that Birds of Pray had. I'm just speculating though.

I still think that Ed is a pretty good lyricist and the fact that he has to play second fiddle to Nickelback is insulting but I guess it's business. Speaking of business, you know what they say after you but a Nickelback album, "once you hear how formulaic it is you'll want more that a refund of a just nickel back."
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    The fact is, Live is washed up nopw, regardless of any past successes.

As such they are opening for the bigger band.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Cannabis wrote:
    it almost seems like yall hate nickelback because how you remind me and every song after that was a huge hit. fuck that, nickelback are bad to the bone fool.

I really don't think so. Nickelback sucks because Chad writes songs to make money, they have the same riffs and sound for all their albums, they have 0 creativity, and they write songs about dirty sex like Animals. Did I mention they're lyrics are horrible and they can only fool teeny boppers with the same sound album after album? And yes, I actually have most of their albums and it's the same trivial thing. I'm not hating to purely hate but rather after knowing Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Shinedown, and other passionate bands there's no way to enjoy Nickelback. Also, they need to use Dimebag guitar solos to have anything decent sounding on their albums. Their guitarist has no talent to come up with something on his own.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---