Options

Michael Stipe's "In the Sun"

bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I just got it from i-tunes (where it is being distributed exclusively). Anybody else blown away by this tune?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    what?? what is it, a solo song or something? I'm a big REM fan and have never heard of this. I'll have to check it out.
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Okay, I found it...cool song..I downloaded some live version with Coldplay..really like it. But I see that the EP he released has some remixes with none other than Justin Timberlake...why does Michael Stipe insist on working with tools like this these days??? Wasn't it enough to do a song with Mandy Moore? Anyways, its a good song.
  • Options
    Is it an original or a cover? Because everytime I see this song mentioned I think of Joseph Arthur's song of the same name.
  • Options
    It is Joseph Arthur's song. Stipe recorded it for Hurricane Relief.
    Barrie 1992 
    Toronto 2003
    Kitchener 2005
    London 2005
    Toronto 1 2006
    Cleveland 2006
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011
    Hamilton 2011
    London, Ont 2013
    Buffalo 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 1 2016
    Toronto 2 2016
    Hamilton 2022
    Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Igottago wrote:
    Okay, I found it...cool song..I downloaded some live version with Coldplay..really like it. But I see that the EP he released has some remixes with none other than Justin Timberlake...why does Michael Stipe insist on working with tools like this these days??? Wasn't it enough to do a song with Mandy Moore? Anyways, its a good song.

Since 2003 Michael has had this crazy idea that Timberlake is talented and can stand the test of time. He said that he wished that he was as talented as Timberlake when he was 22. I wanted to knock on his head and say hello, " You were and still are, like ten times more talented than he is." Someone must of put a spell on him or something. I'm so used to him supporting people who are more independent like Joseph Arthur that it's strange to see him work with such a commercial act.

I bought the Ep but I won't dare listen to that remix. All the other versions are really good.
    "If you were waiting for us, than we were waiting for you" E. Vedder 10-3-05

He who forgets will be destined to remember.