Someone please advise me on Butthole Surfers!

bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
edited April 2007 in Other Music
i'm just getting into them and think they're amazing! huge gratitude for anyone who can get me started into what to get to start my collection
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I liked their albums electriclarryland and locust abortion technician a lot but i'm not an expert.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • They're definately different. I think my favorite thing about the Buttholes is that they wanted to originally call themselves.

The Inalienable Right To Eat Out Fred Astaire's Asshole
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    i prefer to surf..................................................................vaginas.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • i only know the song "pepper'... great song and better video
  • i only know the song "pepper'... great song and better video
    i hate that song with a passion

independent worm saloon is the album to get
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    They're definately different. I think my favorite thing about the Buttholes is that they wanted to originally call themselves.

The Inalienable Right To Eat Out Fred Astaire's Asshole

Haha! I just got off the ground after laughing at this for 5 minutes!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    thats so obsene. i am glad they are finished. they wont be making anymore music under that name.

srry butt surfer fans. but its the way it is
    its ok
  • sweet loaf.
  • korby wrote:
    thats so obsene. i am glad they are finished. they wont be making anymore music under that name.

srry butt surfer fans. but its the way it is

How much crack have you smoked today?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    all i know is the child in me giggles everytime i hear their name. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I like the Hurdy Gurdy man cover(Donovan)
    NERDS!
  • Haha! I just got off the ground after laughing at this for 5 minutes!

Ha! Me too, cracks me up. Those guys were so far out there, you couldn't make something like that up if you tried. There is a great book if anyone is interested.

Our Band Could be Your Life: Scenes From the American Indie Underground 1981-1991. by Michael Azerrad

It is a totally fascinating book. The Butthole Surfers in one of the bands profiled along with some other great bands like The Replacements, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth, Husker Du, The Minutemen and a few others that I can't remember at the moment. Oh yeah, Black Flag is the first chapter I think. Anyway it's a great read, check it out. Great behind the scenes insight into some of the most influential bands of the 80's. Also there is a chapter on Mudhoney which goes into the whole rise and fall of Sub Pop which I thought was really interesting and of course Jeff and Stone are part of the Mudhoney story so that's a bonus.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I used to listen to Locust Abortion Technition, Hairway to Steven and Pioughd a lot.

They were incredibly loud in concert.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i'm just getting into them and think they're amazing! huge gratitude for anyone who can get me started into what to get to start my collection
    Locust Abortion Technician is amazingly fucked up but my favourite album is independent worm saloon. also check out hairway to steven, electriclarryland, psychic powerless.... another man's sac and humpty dumpty LSD.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • hey this has been a wealth of info. thanx to you all!!
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    intodeep wrote:
    I liked their albums electriclarryland and locust abortion technician a lot but i'm not an expert.

Yeah those are my two favs too.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4