New Filter album

bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
edited May 2008 in Other Music
this one kind of flew under the radar as i don't think Richard and his new band are signed to a major label anymore. "Anthem's for the Damned" is out later this month and "Soldier's of Misfortune" sounds like classic Filter to me.

Filter is kinda' a band that people like or don't and i'll prob catch some flack for Army of Anyone being a flop but any other Filter fans around here?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• right here! goin to see them june 1st.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • RomanzaRomanza Posts: 115
    Last week on the official Filter site you got a sneak peak of the album.

"Soldiers of Misfortune" is pretty good, but the rest of the album really sucked.

Richard is about 4 years too late for the anti-war/anti-Bush album...it just doesn't fit in right now.

I was very disappointed.

"This feeling is wonderful...don't you ever turn it off."
    -JJ
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    I liked the first single... I forgot when the album was coming out, thanks for the reminder.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    I thought "The Amalgamut" was pretty underrated. Richard had to go to rehab for his alcohol prob shortly after its release and cancelled most of the tour which didn't help.

They've always been kind of a reliable/guilty pleasure for me with some albums that had choice tracks of beauty/greatness
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I thought "The Amalgamut" was pretty underrated. Richard had to go to rehab for his alcohol prob shortly after its release and cancelled most of the tour which didn't help.

They've always been kind of a reliable/guilty pleasure for me with some albums that had choice tracks of beauty/greatness

Absolutely. The song The Only Way (Is The Wrong Way) from The Amalgamut is an incredible song - kind of like Take A Picture, only better. Check it out everyone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ZHYg70kvfY
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I checked out a few Filter songs a while ago thanks to another thread on this board and I liked what I heard. I checked out their new album but it sounded like generic, modern rock shite. Enjoyed the first single though.
  • It's true, the new album is pretty much Nickelback territory.

Big mediocre riffs, big mediocre choruses

Their worst album yet
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB