Neil Young - SNL

2»

Comments

• mariposa wrote:
    The second song is 'HE WAS THE KING'.

It is such a good song. Neil looks like he's having a good time. :)

Woo hoo harmonica!

Turn it up so I can hear!!!
    Wave came crashing...
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Turn it up so I can hear!!!

I did....:p I know you heard it all the way there! :D

I think 'twas a great performance by Neeza tonight.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • mariposa wrote:
    I did....:p I know you heard it all the way there! :D

I think 'twas a great performance by Neeza tonight.

lol...good 'ol Nezza
    Wave came crashing...
  • mariposa wrote:
    Heh...I just sorta did. :o

The piano....the violins..his voice and that song. I can't help it.

I would just bawl if he sings "When God Made Me" or one of his oldies.

Aww and you have no SNL there.
    i called a friend of mine and watched it with her,... she actually did cry a little during It's a Dream,.. and she doesn't know Neil very well,... hardly at all as a matter of fact,...

i was thinking the same thing as you,... actually, after the show i was thinking about When God Made Me (playing it in my head and such) and i almost cried myself.

beautiful. :)

Neil (and jack and kyle for that matter) were great.

that skit before Neil's first song was fucking HYSTERICAL.

holy shit,...

i haven't seen something so funny in maybe a decade on SNL,...

the rap song with hamiltons, muffins, pre-movie quizzes, and the chronic-lacles of nardia.

fucking hysterical.

i was crying in laughter before neil came on.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • that rap digital short for the "chronic"-cles of narnia was hilarious!!!...and seeing neil do a cameo as the druggie son asking for prescription pads was an added bonus.

"it's a dream" is one of my favourite tunes from prairie wind and they played it well so it was awesome to hear! "he was the king" was a bit unexpected...thought he might play something old or a different track off the album, but other than the back up singer with the christmas scarf that was fantastic too. would have loved to have been there. also sorry i missed the ad for the show...sounds like it was funny...
  • mariposa wrote:
    Nope, I don't have the dvd...I don't really know if it's worth buying it. If I buy the Barrie one...I'll probably just get it for Neil of course and the Tragically Hip.

On the side note hehe...Jack Black was just singing about King Kong just now. :p

same here...the hip and neil...but i have them on tape, so i may keep it at that...that performance of when god made me might be worth the purchase alone though...hmmm...plus four strong winds with peggi...plus the hip..yeah i'll probably end up getting the damned dvd! :D
    i called a friend of mine and watched it with her,... she actually did cry a little during It's a Dream,.. and she doesn't know Neil very well,... hardly at all as a matter of fact,...

i was thinking the same thing as you,... actually, after the show i was thinking about When God Made Me (playing it in my head and such) and i almost cried myself.

beautiful. :)

Neil (and jack and kyle for that matter) were great.

that skit before Neil's first song was fucking HYSTERICAL.

holy shit,...

i haven't seen something so funny in maybe a decade on SNL,...

the rap song with hamiltons, muffins, pre-movie quizzes, and the chronic-lacles of nardia.

fucking hysterical.

i was crying in laughter before neil came on.

I was also crying in laughter throughout every skit especially the Chronic-lacles of Narnia. Oh man that was too funny!!! :D

The whole show was a mix of great skits and just beautiful performances by Neil. I still can't get over...'It's a Dream'...that was magical.

I just watched SNL because of Neil & Jack last night. And I gotta agree with ya, yes it was pretty damn hilarious...haven't seen it so funny like that in a while.
    same here...the hip and neil...but i have them on tape, so i may keep it at that...that performance of when god made me might be worth the purchase alone though...hmmm...plus four strong winds with peggi...plus the hip..yeah i'll probably end up getting the damned dvd! :D

And...you pointed out every reason why it's worth buying!!! :D

I'm just hoping I'll get the dvd for Christmas! :)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    first time ive watched snl in years and years. It was really funny.
    The spelling Bee skit was great too.
    Neil Young was fantastic
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    missed it but saw most of his performances on conan, he still kicks ass
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    That was great. I didn't know he was going to be on and I was surprised when I fired up the TiVo. I think I'm going to have to make a DVD of the Conan/SNL performances. :)