radiohead

momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
edited February 2006 in Other Music
does anyone like radiohead?
Let's Go Red Sox!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Radiohead are amazing. One of the most influential bands of the mid to late 90s in my opinion.

I cant wait for Nude to be released.
  • Options
    check this band out

http://www.belishabeacon.net
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i have not yet been able to get into radiohead. to check out the hype, i bought ok computer and another used cd but neither has been played much in my house nor my car. i also watched a concert on HD tv back in early january and i watched it in it's entirety. i just don't get the vibe.

don't get me wrong. i hear the musicianship, i just don't get excited musically when i hear them play.

it's amazing, to me, that they have so many albums included in many 'top XX' lists. they are obviously very popular. maybe i shouldn't listen to so much pearl jam and jimi hendrix and led zeppelin and miles davis and john coltrane and lee morgan, etc. :p
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Just bought Hail to the Thief today

For those in Canada (not sure about the US), but Best Buy has a lot of Radiohead cd's onsale for $10
  • Options
    olderman wrote:
    i have not yet been able to get into radiohead. to check out the hype, i bought ok computer and another used cd but neither has been played much in my house nor my car. i also watched a concert on HD tv back in early january and i watched it in it's entirety. i just don't get the vibe.

don't get me wrong. i hear the musicianship, i just don't get excited musically when i hear them play.

it's amazing, to me, that they have so many albums included in many 'top XX' lists. they are obviously very popular. maybe i shouldn't listen to so much pearl jam and jimi hendrix and led zeppelin and miles davis and john coltrane and lee morgan, etc. :p

I listen to all of that and more...music is great. You know I did not like Radiohead all that much until OK computer. I know the Bends is most people's favorite and it's great to me now. They just have such an energy, I love them. Ironically my husband plays in a Radiohead tribute band and I think they are good. They played in NYC and to my pleasure they played with a Pearl Jam tribute band that night. A band by the name of Ten and they were the nicest people and it was a great show. I know the new album is coming from them this year too. So I just think this year will be a great year for music!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    momofglynn wrote:
    does anyone like radiohead?

No..no one....you are alone. ;>
  • Options
    I just received Radiohead's The Bends in the mail today (along with Led Zeppelin IV) and it's my first CD of theirs. So far I'm only through half of it but I'm enjoying it. Song that sticks out the most to me so far is High and Dry. I'm going to pick up the rest of their stuff along with Led Zeppelin's since I'm a late bloomer on both accounts.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i LOVE radiohead!!! there are sooo many layers in their music, especially the last 3...hearing them on vinyl w/ headphones is just amazing. collin is one of the best bassits and jonny is so fuckin brilliant, then ed is pretty amazing and thom goes w/o saying...perfect musicaly and lyricaly
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i LOVE radiohead!!! there are sooo many layers in their music, especially the last 3...hearing them on vinyl w/ headphones is just amazing. collin is one of the best bassits and jonny is so fuckin brilliant, then ed is pretty amazing and thom goes w/o saying...perfect musicaly and lyricaly

I will give radiohead another listen.. so many props and pops can't be all wrong
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    love em. they are probably the most consistent, artistic and original band of my time so far and im 28.
    "...follow the strangest tribe..." - pj

www.flickr.com/photos/vainch

http://loveanddestruction.blogspot.com/

http://www.davidveentjer.com
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i like radiohead.

and braunswager.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Best Live band I've ever seen.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    well for anyone who is stateside...my husband's band is pretty good. Check out there website http://www.belishabeacon.net or there site on my space http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30754017&MyToken=C78C5C41-1521-FE29-2475E4B81E3392963439234

I think they do the boys justice and I'm not just saying that because he's my hubby! This summer if Radiohead tours, so will they, hopefully the same cities and when you hit the bars for some drinks after the show you might be seeing them play.

Here's to a summer filled with Pearl Jam and Radiohead!!!!!!!!!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    No..no one....you are alone. ;>
    I know silly question...sorry to have such a lame question.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    The Bends is an amazing album for sure, and OK Computer has some great stuff on it too, but after that they kind of disappeared up their own arses, and just got, uh dare i say it....boring.
  • Options
    I didn't really like OK Computer, The Bends is good though (I absolutely LOVE Fake Plastic Trees)
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    this thread wasn't supposed to be about Radiohead, it was supposed to be about the other band.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    I love radiohead, they are my 3rd fave band behind PJ and STP..

great lyrics, puzzling metaphors and emotions... KID A is my fave album, and OK computer is not far behind
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • Options
    yes I do, any other questions.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I like Pablo Honey, The Bends and OK Computer but I'm still not so sure about Kid-A and Amnesiac. Haven't heard Hail to the Thief, I heard it picks up again. Anybody really really enjoy Kid-A or Amnesiac?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    In my opinion, Radiohead is one of the greatest band in the world...they´ve made their own way, growing musically up so far away...all their records shows that perfectly...always tryin´with new stuff and sounds...I think they are (together with Pearl Jam and Mars Volta) the best band in this times

until next time
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Options
    I'm going to get slammed for this one, but I lost interest during OK computer, It all went down hill for me with that album.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Pablo Honey is by far their worst album. Even the members of the band hate it.

Other than that, they dont have a bad album. All of their albums bring different things to the table, and its all amazing.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Gods Of Music
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I like them and think that they are good, but Ok Computer is a little over rated. Kid A is a masterpiece, Thoms vioce suits their computerised style of music so well.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    I can not wait until the new album comes out. I check out radiohead.com and greenplastic.com eagerly waiting for more info to come...just like i am here on a daily basis!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Radiohead *drools*

The only album I don't own is Pablo Honey but I've heard most of the tracks from it. Some aren't all that but Creep, You and Anyone Can Play Guitar are awesome. After Pablo Honey, everything they've done is awesome.

If I was hard pushed to choose then The Bends would be my favourite, but that's probably because I've listened to OK Computer at least a million times.

Kid A and Amnesiac are definitely much harder to get in to, but there are some moments on those albums that surpass OK Computer and The Bends. They just tried so hard to go somewhere else that occasionally they slipped up. If you're not a fan of electronic/dance orientated music then I can understand why it wouldn't be your cup of tea. I'm much more into my rock but songs like Idioteque and I Might Be Wrong cannot be denied.

Amnesiac is the one I've been listening to most lately. I prefer it over Kid A unlike most people.

Hail to the Thief is great too. The first three songs pure bliss.

Basically, when I get bored of Pink Floyd for being a little predictable I stick on Radiohead to step it up a notch. It's challenging, but it's sher beauty when you connect with it.
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    Radiohead's my other little "obsession." Not only is the music amazing, but the band sometimes lets you in on what's going on with them ... for instance: http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

They're true artists in every sense of the word. If you don't like 'em, be my guest and don't listen. It's your loss.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/drum.php

hope you enjoy this as muc as I did
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    momofglynn wrote:
    I can not wait until the new album comes out. I check out radiohead.com and greenplastic.com eagerly waiting for more info to come...just like i am here on a daily basis!

Don't forget http://www.ateaseweb.com ...
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~