Blind Melon 2/29/08 Hartford, Ct

momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Hey there. Just a friendly reminder that Blind Melon is playing tonight in Hartford, CT at the Webster Theater. Doors open at 6, show starts at 8. It's going to be snowing like crazy tonight too! Should be an interesting ride home!!!! I went to the 1st show in Oct that they had in RI and I felt it was pretty special and down right fucking awesome that I got to see the guys playing the good stuff again. Travis the new guy is great. Taking nothing away from Shannon of course. Would like to meet a few fellow jammers!

****Disclaimer*****
I know there are some real sensitive Blind Melon fans out there that are completely againsts the re-birth of the band. I understand your views and I respect your feelings. Please don't say that I can't be a real fan if I like going to see this project. Because it could not be farther from the truth.

Have a great weekend!
Let's Go Red Sox!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i hope they come back soon!

whatever happened to the album? at the show, they said it'd be out in january. has it been postponed?
  • I think it's now schedule for March. I will check out the booths when I get there and perhaps a presale if you will. They seem to be doing thing else at grass root level so why not that too. I am really excited. I am going with 3 of my friends. We ALL love the band so I think it will be a great night!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I hope that Blind Melon gets added to Bonnaroo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Have a great time. I wish I could go to this. I'm work about 1/2 hour north of the city but need to get home tonight. I miss this band. Cheers!
    I love to turn you on
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    momofglynn wrote:
    I think it's now schedule for March. I will check out the booths when I get there and perhaps a presale if you will. They seem to be doing thing else at grass root level so why not that too. I am really excited. I am going with 3 of my friends. We ALL love the band so I think it will be a great night!

if they're selling the album and you get one, grab one for me and ill pay ya for it. no pressure though, im patient. they're worth the wait!

have a great time :)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I'm seeing them 3/31 and hope like hell the new record is out by then. If not, well, I guess I'll keep waiting...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    there was no new cd at the show. I think it will be out before the 3/31 show. The Hartford show was great. What a wierd night however. It's like the theater is right in the middle of a neighborhood. I was thinking it was close to the city but we drove through a couple of neighborhoods and there it was.

You could only drink in a certain section which was ok, at least you could drink. The sound wasn't the best but the band played great. I am still hoping for Vernie some day soon. The opening acts weren't the great but everyone was pretty excited for Blind Melon so it did not matter.

The ride home was the worst! The snow was nuts. Thankfully we made it home, it just took us a little longer than we wanted. Fucking truckers were driving like crazy people!

I am wondering how the NYC show was. Go to their myspace page and check out where they will be next. You will not be disappointed I promise.

Cheers!
    Let's Go Red Sox!