Damn it all, Sleater-Kinney!

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited August 2006 in Other Music
I know there have been threads about Sleater-Kinney's break-up, and I know that some people are far too happy about it...

But I also know that they are playing their last show for the foreseeable future tonight. I know that, for me, they were one of the best female rock bands ever, and frankly, one of the greatest rock bands of the last two decades.

So yes, this is a self-indulgent thread for me to mourn the loss of a great band, with bucketloads of talent, integrity and in Corin's case, cuteness :)

In closing... Damn it all, Sleater-Kinney, you ruined a perfectly good summer by breaking up! Hope the show tonight kicks everyone's ass, and that all the doubters come to realise what they missed out on.
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Hey, I am with u on that one!! :D Such a tragedy that they broke up. I mean, WHY?!

But I heard that there has been video cameras at their last shows, so maybe a DVD in the works? :) I DO hope that these girls get back together soon, or else we will probably see a Sleater-Kinney Behind the Music :(

Raise a toast to one of the GREATEST female indie rock bands ALIVE!! :D

LONG LIVE S~K!!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Corin's case, cuteness :)
    Meh, Corin has nothing on Carrie

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6430/dscf4265ez9.jpg
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6799/dscf4300pg7.jpg

This is from 7/31 in Philly, one of the best shows i've seen
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    ED opened for S-K tonight at the crystal!
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • bicyclejoe wrote:
    ED opened for S-K tonight at the crystal!

Classy move

Hats off to eddy
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • First off, let's stop calling them the best female band, or whatever. It's kinda insulting to a band that truely is one of the finest bands around. Some will argue that, and of course, there is no scientific way to prove it. Anyone who saw them live no how hard, amazing, and energetic they were.

Carrie Brownstein is in the realm of the McCready's, Fruschante's, Morello's ...at least in my mind. She moves the way all guitar gods ought to, and has more venom in her singing than pretty much anyone who dares to call themselves punk. Go to Youtube (or wherever) and watch live clips of Entertain or Jumpers (like Rollins Show or Letterman). And if you don't "get it", well then you either have just seen them for the first time or you probably have an American Idol cd in your collection.

Us Jammers are fortunate to have someone like Matt holding our sticks, but should he ever leave, I hope to hell Janet Weiss is available. There are few other drummers in my mind that drum this well in a band this good. Ya, I know there are these "technical" drummers out there that are better in some way (Idon't know how but I know drum fans will say this), but man listen again to The Woods. Out of this world. Again, I don't want to hear 'best female drummer'. Janet is too good for that.

And then there's Corin. She's the one the haters of the band focus on. I know some cats who just don't like female singers, let alone ones with her chops. She's the love 'em or hate 'em barometer if you ask me. I'll never tire of "The Fox", and if you're at Youtube, look for their performance of "Step Aside" on Conan. Let's not forget her guitar interplay with Carrie. A band with no base, they just found a way to create an incredible sound that wasn't out there. How many bands can you say they sound like? Or sound like them?

So I realize now that I'm just rambling on. Sigh. I suppose it's just because I know I won't see a new album. And if that is the case -still hoping "Indefinite Hiatus" means there will/might be a return- The Woods will go up into that realm of greatest final albums with Abbey Road.

Thanks for Sharing Your Riffs.
    PJ Sparks

ps. Thanks to Ed Ved for playing them back on MW98. Radio sure as wasn't playing them, and the Internet still hadn't exploded, so speaking as a kid in a small city in Ontario Canada, I might not have heard them without you. Because of you, I got to enjoy their records, live shows, and the anticipation of new music from them for nearly 10 years. And a side note from that, got introduced to a great band who opened for them who also blew me away, The White Stripes. Thanks for planting the seed Ed.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • haha, in my first paragraph, I said 'anyone who's seen them live no how ...'

Of course, I meant 'know'. I got going too fast.

PJ S.
  • i miss them already :(, i saw them in Philly about two weeks ago and they were awesome, sadly i never see that again
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Meh, Corin has nothing on Carrie

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6430/dscf4265ez9.jpg
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6799/dscf4300pg7.jpg

This is from 7/31 in Philly, one of the best shows i've seen

hey man, do you have anymore pics from that show...i was there too and wouldn't mind seeing some more
  • PJ Sparks wrote:
    First off, let's stop calling them the best female band, or whatever. It's kinda insulting to a band that truely is one of the finest bands around.

yes
  • brainofj10 wrote:
    hey man, do you have anymore pics from that show...i was there too and wouldn't mind seeing some more
    Here ya go

http://img162.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img162/9884/11554873124hd.smil

I have more but imageshack wouldnt let me upload them because they are too big, if you want those tell me and I'll resize them
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    PJ Sparks wrote:
    First off, let's stop calling them the best female band, or whatever. It's kinda insulting to a band that truely is one of the finest bands around. Some will argue that, and of course, there is no scientific way to prove it. Anyone who saw them live no how hard, amazing, and energetic they were.

Carrie Brownstein is in the realm of the McCready's, Fruschante's, Morello's ...at least in my mind. She moves the way all guitar gods ought to, and has more venom in her singing than pretty much anyone who dares to call themselves punk. Go to Youtube (or wherever) and watch live clips of Entertain or Jumpers (like Rollins Show or Letterman). And if you don't "get it", well then you either have just seen them for the first time or you probably have an American Idol cd in your collection.

Us Jammers are fortunate to have someone like Matt holding our sticks, but should he ever leave, I hope to hell Janet Weiss is available. There are few other drummers in my mind that drum this well in a band this good. Ya, I know there are these "technical" drummers out there that are better in some way (Idon't know how but I know drum fans will say this), but man listen again to The Woods. Out of this world. Again, I don't want to hear 'best female drummer'. Janet is too good for that.

And then there's Corin. She's the one the haters of the band focus on. I know some cats who just don't like female singers, let alone ones with her chops. She's the love 'em or hate 'em barometer if you ask me. I'll never tire of "The Fox", and if you're at Youtube, look for their performance of "Step Aside" on Conan. Let's not forget her guitar interplay with Carrie. A band with no base, they just found a way to create an incredible sound that wasn't out there. How many bands can you say they sound like? Or sound like them?

So I realize now that I'm just rambling on. Sigh. I suppose it's just because I know I won't see a new album. And if that is the case -still hoping "Indefinite Hiatus" means there will/might be a return- The Woods will go up into that realm of greatest final albums with Abbey Road.

Thanks for Sharing Your Riffs.
    PJ Sparks

ps. Thanks to Ed Ved for playing them back on MW98. Radio sure as wasn't playing them, and the Internet still hadn't exploded, so speaking as a kid in a small city in Ontario Canada, I might not have heard them without you. Because of you, I got to enjoy their records, live shows, and the anticipation of new music from them for nearly 10 years. And a side note from that, got introduced to a great band who opened for them who also blew me away, The White Stripes. Thanks for planting the seed Ed.

Great post PJ Sparks.............I would make most of the same points that you did regarding this wonderful band. I would like to thank Pearl Jam for having S~K as an opener back in 2003 and 2005. It gave me an opportunity to see a great band that I probably would not have been introduced to otherwise. However as good as they were when opening for PJ, they were an even better band as a headliner.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    Yeah they weren't just a "great" female band. They are a great American band. Queue the music....

Eddie spoke briefly last night before he played his 2 songs about never getting to see The Who with Keith Moon, Zeppelin, etc...but felt lucky to be able to see SK.

And I completely agree with the comments about Carrie. She is an UNREAL guitar player.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
    Okay............folks, we seriously need some reviews and set-lists from the shows on Friday and Saturday................please
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Okay............folks, we seriously need some reviews and set-lists from the shows on Friday and Saturday................please

Taken from http://www.electrip.com/sleater-kinney/index.html

-Aug 11 Portland, OR @ The Crystal Ballroom w/ The Thermals (ticket stub)
    Setlist (posted by n, on w&g): Start Together, The Fox, Drama You've Been Craving, Wilderness, Jumpers, Get Up, Ironclad, Night Light, Rollercoaster, (I think a jammy interlude was here), What's Mine is Yours, Youth Decay, Modern Girl, Let's Call it Love, Entertain, Far Away, Words & Guitar. Encore 1: Ballad of a Ladyman, Oh!, Little Mouth, Dance Song '97, Light-Rail Coyote. Encore 2: Little Babies--->jam-->I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, Turn it On.

-Aug 12 Portland, OR @ The Crystal Ballroom w/ The Thermals, Eddie Vedder
    Setlist (this and a review posted by n, on w&g): The Fox, The End of You, Wilderness, Jumpers, One Beat, Step Aside, Hot Rock ("our contemplative song"), Rollercoaster, AHOTBO, Night Light, (jam) --->What's Mine is Yours, Stay Where You Are, Modern Girl, Let's Call it Love --->Entertain, Sympathy, Words & Guitar. Encore 1: Milkshake n' Honey, YNRNRF, Not What You Want, Steep Air, God is a #, Oh! ---> jam ---> Dig Me Out. Encore 2: Good Things (dedicated to Lance), Turn it On, One More Hour
    (Tries to hide tears)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • So sad this band is gone, they were pretty good!! The woods is an amazing album, glad eddie likes them and join them in their last show

SK I will always remember them, great rock girls
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled

Setlist (posted by n, on w&g): Start Together, The Fox, Drama You've Been Craving, Wilderness, Jumpers, Get Up, Ironclad, Night Light, Rollercoaster, (I think a jammy interlude was here), What's Mine is Yours, Youth Decay, Modern Girl, Let's Call it Love, Entertain, Far Away, Words & Guitar. Encore 1: Ballad of a Ladyman, Oh!, Little Mouth, Dance Song '97, Light-Rail Coyote. Encore 2: Little Babies--->jam-->I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone, Turn it On.

Setlist (this and a review posted by n, on w&g): The Fox, The End of You, Wilderness, Jumpers, One Beat, Step Aside, Hot Rock ("our contemplative song"), Rollercoaster, AHOTBO, Night Light, (jam) --->What's Mine is Yours, Stay Where You Are, Modern Girl, Let's Call it Love --->Entertain, Sympathy, Words & Guitar. Encore 1: Milkshake n' Honey, YNRNRF, Not What You Want, Steep Air, God is a #, Oh! ---> jam ---> Dig Me Out. Encore 2: Good Things (dedicated to Lance), Turn it On, One More Hour
    (Tries to hide tears)

Wow.............looks like a couple of kick-ass sets.....I wish that I could have seen them plays "Things You Say" or O2, but either of these sets would have worked for me and mine. Thank you.......:D
  • tybird wrote:
    Great post PJ Sparks.............I would make most of the same points that you did regarding this wonderful band. I would like to thank Pearl Jam for having S~K as an opener back in 2003 and 2005. It gave me an opportunity to see a great band that I probably would not have been introduced to otherwise. However as good as they were when opening for PJ, they were an even better band as a headliner.

I couldn't agree more, as far as them headlining. I've always told people who'll listen just how fucking spoiled I am, in that my two favourite bands being Pearl Jam and Sleater-Kinney respectively, that for PJ, I get fan club seats (142XXX - usually 'round 5th row, thank you 10C!) and if you get to an SK show early enough, the front of the stage.

What I mean is, I get shitty seats for people like REM, The Who, or whoever, you know? And both were bands that mixed their sets up a fair bit (in SK's case, when they're headlining anyways). A lot of bands run thru the same set night after night, and I always got the full range I felt.

Anyone with a favourite band out there, go enjoy them every chance you can because you just never know. And not to raise any concerns in our great little community, but Eddie's little girl will soon be Corin's son's age, and he may choose the same route. Let's hope not, but don't take the boys for granted y'all.
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    I gave this band a listen a while back, and I still stand to say that the vocals are the best part of this band. While I've heard far better drums and guitars, I guess it's hard pressed to find a trio with a vocal synergy as theirs. Too bad they didn't get as much exposure as was meant for them.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    one of the GREATEST female indie rock bands ALIVE!!!!!

scratch out the word "female" and scratch out the word "indie" and i'll be happier with your quote.

PS: the only thing cooler than rocking out and seeing Sleater-Kinney preform their last show is seeing Eddie Vedder doing the same thing 5 feet away from you.

PSS: They were recording this show with professional video equipment and i'll be willing to bet a DVD will be released.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    that's no rock n' roll fun...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    You guys should check out the NY Times Review of their New York show, by Jon Pareles(best rock music critic, period in my opinion) The article is accompanied by an incredibly good photo of the band in action:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/04/arts/music/04slea.html?ex=1155700800&en=7d3be5576f963322&ei=5070

btw- as to drumming, here is a little quotation from the review: "And they’re galvanized by Ms. Weiss, who is simply one of the best drummers in rock: rumbling toward controlled explosions, lending tom-tom muscle to the beat, adding her own layer of cross-rhythm. "

(Tries to hide tears)

Damn........I must have been tired last night or something............I missed the shortened name for "You're No Rock n' Roll Fun"! That would have been worth a trip to hear........sweeeeeeeeeeeet...........let us pray for a live DVD and live record!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Here's a review of the last show. Still feel so incredibly lucky to have been there for all of it.

POP MUSIC REVIEW
    A glorious ending to Sleater-Kinney
    Portland's riot grrrls bid farewell with a pair of celebratory
    concerts.

By Ann Powers, Times Staff Writer

PORTLAND, Ore. — Sleater-Kinney, arguably the most respected rock
    band of the post-Nirvana era next to Radiohead, played its final
    concert Saturday at the Crystal Ballroom. The second of a two-night
    hometown farewell, the concert sold out in five minutes and attracted
    fans from as far as Los Angeles and New York. Don't feel too bad,
    however, if you didn't know it was coming. Born of the ardently
    independent feminist punk movement riot grrrl, Sleater-Kinney thrived
    for more than a decade on a track parallel to the mainstream. Its
    farewell to that semi-underground America was musically majestic
    enough to fill a sports arena, but its spirit suited this artfully
    decaying theater in America's reigning bohemian town.

"This band has saved my life so many times, and I'm so grateful to
    have been a part of it," said Carrie Brownstein, Sleater-Kinney's
    windmilling lead guitarist and second singer, at the end of an
    intense, celebratory two-hour set. Her comment might have come from
    virtually anyone in the dancing, shouting, misty-eyed, smiling crowd.
    As Brownstein and her bandmates, vocalist-guitarist Corin Tucker and
    drummer Janet Weiss, locked instruments during telepathic jams and
    feverish punk throw-downs, fans responded with an intensity
    appropriate for the last spin of the soundtrack to their lives.

"For me, personally, it's an end of an era," said writer and video
    artist Cat Tyc, who first saw the band 10 years ago at the New York
    feminist rock night Meow Mix. "I experienced a significant life
    moment with every one of their albums. But I'll get over it," she
    said with a rueful laugh.

"I think it's really sad," said Han Vuong, up from Los Angeles for
    both weekend shows with two other California companions. Vuong
    estimated he'd seen Sleater-Kinney 20 times. "They're a great band,
    and they also stood for a lot," he continued. "They made the right
    decisions, all the time, and they were fearless in what they did.
    Music always needs that."

"They have something so fierce and, at the same time, so refined,"
    said Bridget Wilson, a Portland-based fan who'd also seen the band
    multiple times. "Their dedication and their energy is so genuine.
    They're also declared feminists, and very straightforward about it.
    That doesn't exist in pop culture, ever."

Another fan had this to say: "You know how you wish you could have
    seen the Beatles or Jimi Hendrix or the Who with Keith Moon? Well, I
    am very fortunate and extremely grateful to live in a time when I can
    see Sleater-Kinney play live."

That fan was Eddie Vedder, offering witness during a two-song
    introduction to Sleater-Kinney's set. Vedder's band, Pearl Jam, has
    toured extensively with the trio, and their friendship bore whimsical
    fruit when Weiss joined a ukulele-strumming Vedder for the jazzy
    ditty "You Belong to Me."

Special guests became irrelevant once Brownstein and Tucker emerged
    and barreled into "The Fox," from the 2005 album "The Woods," which
    secured Sleater-Kinney's reputation as not "just a girl band," but
    heirs to the genre's most powerful family lines. On that song and
    nearly every other, Brownstein's guitar heroics, recalling Pete
    Townshend or even Jimi Hendrix at times, separated Sleater-Kinney
    from its punk past and secured the band a place in classic-rock
    Valhalla. Tucker's voice still retained its distinctive keening edge,
    but showed the nuance learned after years of training and touring.
    And Weiss turned her drum kit into a motion-platform ride, playing
    with expert force and agility.

With each member hitting her peak Saturday, Sleater-Kinney's most-
    lauded attribute — the group's subtle and often startlingly inventive
    interplay — was on full display. Tucker and Brownstein layered
    together guitar and vocal lines, sometimes easing into dynamically
    adventurous improvisations, only to turn on a dime and unite for some
    speedy dance-punk. Weiss provided the motor for her bandmates' tandem
    ride, her drum lines tapping into the mighty vigor of heavy metal.
    During these exchanges, neither songs nor the identities of the
    singers mattered. What fascinated was the group's creative process,
    emerging during each song like the topography on a raised map. In
    these moments, the trio exchanged delighted grins and it became clear
    that for Sleater-Kinney, nothing — not feminist ideology, not
    independent business practices, not even the words of the band's own
    songs — mattered as much as the unpredictable grace of collaboration.

Sleater-Kinney is not a jam band, however — its songs are too
    visceral and its stance too radical for the happy touring scene
    that's given other improvising rock groups a home. This show
    presented Sleater-Kinney at the absolute height of its powers; one
    can only hope that the breakup will last, so that each of these
    talented women gets a chance to follow a new stream. Leaving fans —
    and each other — with a show none will forget, Sleater-Kinney
    departed in glory. And frankly, that's something great bands don't do
    nearly enough.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    scratch out the word "female" and scratch out the word "indie" and i'll be happier with your quote.

PS: the only thing cooler than rocking out and seeing Sleater-Kinney preform their last show is seeing Eddie Vedder doing the same thing 5 feet away from you.

PSS: They were recording this show with professional video equipment and i'll be willing to bet a DVD will be released.

i'm sorry okay, I retract my statement, first off, S~K WAS an indie rock band, they were exposed first of all in college radio, so thus the 'indie' band. And I think they are the BEST band around! But everyone gives them shit b/c of their gender. 'oo they are female, they can't play with the boys' phrases like that that piss me off. i was TOO excited and sad to see this thread b/c I know it was the end of an era. :(

I HIGHLY suggest reading "Cinderella's Big Score" it talks about the history of women indie bands, from the 70s to today. Sleater-Kinney, Kim Deal, Kim Gordon, Penelope Houston and many others are chronicle in this book.

these women have permanmently put their stamp into the history of music, they made so much noise, that they didn't care if people liked them or not, they made music THEIR own way :)

LONG LIVE S~K!!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    FYI, Sleater-Kinney can out rock almost every other band out there.
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    So besides the fact that I got to meet Ed and he gave me a pick :) That was one of the best shows I have ever seen. I was having this conversation with backseatlover after the show. Its such a shame they hung it up. Rock needs more bands like this around.

BTW this was the first and last time I will ever seen SK... couldnt have been a better night.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    That last show was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The weekend was phenominal, save for some a-holes around me on Fri. night. I laughed, cried, and rocked like I will never rock again.

Lance said we may or may not get a dvd. They had problems with quality with the earlier footage, I don't know if you noticed the different people filming from nyc to portland (especially check who was filming pdx :)). Hopefully we'll get footage from pdx at the very least (though nyc was amazing too).

and please stop calling them a female band :).
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
    VictoryGin wrote:
    That last show was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The weekend was phenominal, save for some a-holes around me on Fri. night. I laughed, cried, and rocked like I will never rock again.

Lance said we may or may not get a dvd. They had problems with quality with the earlier footage, I don't know if you noticed the different people filming from nyc to portland (especially check who was filming pdx :)). Hopefully we'll get footage from pdx at the very least (though nyc was amazing too).

and please stop calling them a female band :).
    I was hoping that you could make these shows....even though I could not. If you say they are amazing, then they were amazing.

I'll cross my fingers on the DVD.
  • VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,207
    tybird wrote:
    I was hoping that you could make these shows....even though I could not. If you say they are amazing, then they were amazing.

I'll cross my fingers on the DVD.

aw, thanks! i really hope we get a dvd too! i think chances seem good for portland footage at the very least. while i'd kill for nyc footage, i'd more than settle for just portland.

maybe we can soon find some audio too. :)
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • rucchinrucchin Posts: 25
    I can't for a dvd to be released just so it can be documented how powerful SK was when they decided to take leave.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jnforte/sets/72157594222509566/