Army Of Anyone

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Not sure if this has been posted before...

http://www.livedaily.com/news/Former_Filter_Stone_Temple_Pilots_members_to_drop_new_album-10604.html?t=1

Former members of Filter (music) and Stone Temple Pilots (music), now under the moniker Army of Anyone (music), have nailed down a Nov. 14 release date for their self-titled, debut album.

The quartet's lineup comprises Filter frontman Richard Patrick, Stone Temple Pilots members Dean DeLeo (guitar) and Robert DeLeo (bass), and former David Lee Roth Band drummer Ray Luzier.

Patrick and the DeLeo brothers first linked up when Patrick asked the pair for their input on the fourth Filter album, according to a press release. The trio collaborated on a track titled "A Better Place," and, after a few days in the studio, decided to form a new band.

The band's inaugural disc houses 11 tracks, which were culled from more than 30 that the group recorded in less than a year's time at Patrick's home studio. The album sessions took place at The Village Studio in Santa Monica with producer Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, KISS, Jane's Addiction).

"Goodbye," the first single from "Army of Anyone," hit radio stations earlier this week. The track is currently streaming at Army of Anyone's MySpace page, as is the cut "Used to Know Her."

"You want to work with exceptional players," Patrick said in a statement. "Amazing songwriters and people who are at your level or above. You want to surround yourself with guys who will bring out your best."

"This album is a good representation of what we can do," Dean DeLeo added. "But I think the more important question is what can't we do?"

"I am very touched by the response you have given our musical efforts," Robert DeLeo wrote in a message posted at Army of Anyone's website. "I say that equally to STP fans, Filter fans and new ones alike. After all we named this band around all of us ... Army of Anyone. We are all invited!"

Filter's most recent album is 2002's "Amalgamut." A tour behind the disc was scrapped one day before its launch when Patrick entered a rehab facility for unspecified reasons.

STP's most recent disc, "Shangri-La Dee Da," dates back to 2001. The band subsequently splintered; singer Scott Weiland now fronts multi-platinum rock act Velvet Revolver.
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I have to say....I was not expecting much from this at all and I am VERY pleasantly surprised. Ill keep an eye out for this album
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.