Malfunkshun

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Hey, I was just checking the website for the Malfunkshun movie, and it hasn't been updated since December last year.

Does anyone know when it's coming to Europe (specifically Ireland), or it's being released on DVD anytime soon? I remember reading an article on Andy Wood 4 or 5 months ago in some rock magazine, and it said it was anticipation of the DVD release... and yet still no sign of it.

I need to see this movie!
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I have been wondering the same thing... I first heard of this film about a year and a half ago but it seems littered with problems with releasing it etc.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Hell does anyone know when it is playing anywhere? I don't think it ever played here in atlanta.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    No....there hasn't been anymore viewings of the film since last year or so. I read the same magazine and i've been wondering about the dvd too. Luckily I have seen it (was lucky to be in seattle at the right time) and it truly is worth buying the dvd.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'd buy it if it came out on DVD.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I'm ACHING to see this as well. I still can't believe SF of all places didn't get a viewing...specially with MLB's history here! *sigh*

Kevin Wood (Andy's brother) actually runs Malfunkshun myspace page <http://www.myspace.com/malfunkshunrock>and posted this Q&A blog awhile back....

For those that are curious of the Malfunkshun movie dvd and such, here is some Q&A on the dvd that should be a great help.

Q&A

When is the dvd coming out?

As of yet, a dvd is in the works for the summer of 2007. Unfortunately, they haven't been taking time to collaborate on the dvd, they are still booking screenings for the movie all around the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where can I get the dvd when it comes out?

As soon as the dvd comes out, Kevin (Wood) and I are going to be selling the dvd through this myspace and Kevin's website (http://www.wammybox.com) and there will be free extra's, like a live Malfunkshun dvd or cd or something.

What's the movie about anyway?

Well the movie is about Andrew Wood, the lead singer of Malfunkshun and most notably Mother Love Bone. On March 19, 1990, he passed away from a drug overdose. This movie takes an in depth look on his childhood, his passion and his pain through lyrics, relationships, and intimate conversations with family and friends. The movie is also jam packed with rare interviews with Andrew himself, rare concert footage, and candid footage. It is a story about how one beautiful, yet damaged, soul was the inspiration for some of Seattle's greatest musicians.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any people in the movie worth mentioning?

Absolutely! this movie is jam packed with members of Pearl Jam, Audioslave, Soundgarden, and Hippyglitz. Cast includes Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, Jack Endino, Chris Cornell, Kim Thayll, Brian Wood, Kevin Wood, Regan Hagar, Toni Wood, Kelly Wood, Micheal Goldstone, Katie Carlisle, Greg Gilmore, Bruce Fairweather, David Wood, Joe Abrams, and his fiannce Xana LaFuente.

Who directed the movie?

Scot Barbour

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any links worth mentioning?

The following sites, http://www.malfunkshun.com the official movie site, and http://www.wammybox.com Kevin Woods website, are best to find the information you need.

Where can I find screenings?

Not only can you find it here on our myspace, but you can also find it on http://www.malfunkshun.com. Definetly check that site out! It has galleries, music, and all the information you need!

Okay so I hope that this should keep you satisfied until the movie does in fact come out.

Thank you very much.

:o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Thank you Vedhead!!!!! I can now look to next summer!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    You are very welcome. :)
    YES trust me....summer of 2007....summer of 2007....summer of 2007.
    I keep telling myself that over and over. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Thanks much Vedhead - I really can't wait for this... Andy was the best.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.