Gutter Twins

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Streaming now.

:D:D:D:D:D
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Sweet! Just ordered my ticket now, can't wait. Pretty good album i thinks, great stuff from sparky and dulli.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • bonerz!

Im still gonna buy it of course. I love all the tunes on the myspace page, but will give this a proper listen tomorrow! xxx
  • Bump, cos this is important.:D

If this album was reincarnated in human form, his name would be Excellent Jones.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • this is a really solid album from start to finish.

march 4th can't get here soon enough. :)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    Just saw them at the Bowery Ballroom...incredible. Haven't listened to the stream yet, but The Stations, Idle Hands, and Front Street were the standouts of an amazing set. If anyone wants some spoilers on what else they're playing, I will give up the goods...

So glad I only have to wait a month to see them again!
  • I'm seeing them next week, can't wait. the album sounds really good - not that this pair could put a rubbish album out!
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Seeing them next month. Can't wait for the album.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Lanegan is so underrated. The projects and styles of music he's been involved in really shows how passionate he is about music and singing. Duli is awesome as well.

This is a pretty cool video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbmGM56XYeo

Wouldn't it be cool to see Ed and Lanegan sing Indifference together ala Ben Harper and Ed.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    pjl44 wrote:
    Just saw them at the Bowery Ballroom...incredible. Haven't listened to the stream yet, but The Stations, Idle Hands, and Front Street were the standouts of an amazing set. If anyone wants some spoilers on what else they're playing, I will give up the goods...

So glad I only have to wait a month to see them again!

What has the band been playing? Any Screaming Trees, Whigs, QOTSA, solo lanegan stuff, other covers, etc?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    What has the band been playing? Any Screaming Trees, Whigs, QOTSA, solo lanegan stuff, other covers, etc?

Setlist
    Some pretty good vids
    :)

A couple notes:

They briefly tagged Shadow Of The Season at the end of Papillon
    I actually witnessed Lanegan smile and banter with Dulli before Number 9...the most animated I've ever seen him
  • pjl44 wrote:
    A couple notes:

They briefly tagged Shadow Of The Season at the end of Papillon
    I actually witnessed Lanegan smile and banter with Dulli before Number 9...the most animated I've ever seen him

Also the best version of Number Nine I've ever seen. Damn, Dulli gets into it...:D
  • been listening to this quite a bit lately.

think The Stations is my favorite. can't wait for the album to actually hit stores.

also, less than two weeks until i get to see them in San Francisco. pretty fucking exciting.
  • I'm seeing them tomorrow, it's gonna be awesome!
  • Whens the album come out in stores folks?
  • March 4th. I can't wait.:D
  • Does anyone know what time they are taking the stage? Is there an opener? Ticket just says Gutter Twins and 8:00pm.
    There was one opener when I saw them. If you're going to SF, it looks like Great Northern is opening.
  • I'm listenign in preperation to things likely to be on the setlist on saturday..:
    All misery - GT
    God's children - GT
    The body - GT
    Live with me - TS
    Seven Stories - GT
    Stations - GT
    Idel Hands - GT
    Fringes - GT
    Bete Noire - GT
    Down the line
    Who will lead us? - GT
    Eat a peach
    Front Street - GT
    River rise - ML
    Papillon - TS
    No Easy Action - ML
    King Only - TS
    Meth Blues - ML
    Number 9- TS
    Each to Each - GT
    I was in Love with you - GT

Anybody know what Eat a Peach or Down the line is?
  • Anybody know what Eat a Peach or Down the line is?

Answer: Down the Line is pretty damn good.:)

And if I remember right, a Jose Gonzales cover at that.

Eat The Peach is apparently their jokey way of saying Each to Each, which is on the album.
  • The Koko gig was too nang! Will post setlist later, but suffice to say it was a top notch gig (apart from few teensy sound oribs) the guys are on form and they blend so well together live.

:)