Weiland/VR

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited June 2007 in Other Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ylXFiGA7Q

Velvet Revolver doing Vasoline at Download. I'm not a huge fan of VR, and judging from Weiland's rejuvenated voice, STP need to reform quickly. From what I've heard, VR's new album is going to be fairly average, and Army of Anyone were let down by Richard Patrick's vocals, in my opinion. So here's hoping for an STP reunion in the not-too-distant future.:D
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I think his voice sounds pretty bad in that clip.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Pretty good, straight up rock band. I wanna see them again.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Weilands voice back again? Get real it never left. Vr and Weiland are one of the best live bands going today. I cant wait for there new cd Libertad. Contraband was a classic album. Vr got it all great singer/performer, and Slash need i say more.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Seems like most of these 90's "Supergroups" produce so-so records, and when they play live, it's always weird to see them play their former bands' hits.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I wish Weiland and the DeLeos would get back together. VR is average at best. Weiland does not fit with these guys.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh i like VR alot, but STP getting back together would be sick.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    chris05 wrote:
    Yeh i like VR alot, but STP getting back together would be sick.
    Ya, as much as I like VR, I'd have no issue with them stopping for an STP reunion.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    yeah, I am hoping STP reforms. I think it will happen eventually. I missed seeing them like 4 times back around 2000 and I'm still sore about it. :( Even if they don't reform completely a brief reunion stint, of like 40 dates, would be cool like for a summer tour next year or something. Although I'm guessing VR is weilands primary project now.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i think before an stp reunion, weiland would like to release a solo album...

i hope libertad were good as contraband...
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    I thought Contraband was the best rock album that came out that year. I got to see them play a free show in the streets of Hollywood and they kicked ass! I hope their next disc is as solid as the first.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    tonadax wrote:
    i think before an stp reunion, weiland would like to release a solo album...

i hope libertad were good as contraband...

I think he is actually working on one.

Saw Velvet Revolver on Monday night and they were amazing, it was very strange when they played Vasoline as nobody seemed to know it. It also seemed that everyone was there justfor Slash, I was stood right at the front on Duff's side and people only really cheered when Slash made his way to that side!
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • The Deleo brothers rock!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • seein them at VF in MD this August
    first time in almost 3 yrs
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I liked STP. VR doesn't do much for me, but Weiland has a great voice. He's also looking a bit more healthy these days, which is good.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Weilands voice back again? Get real it never left. Vr and Weiland are one of the best live bands going today. I cant wait for there new cd Libertad. Contraband was a classic album. Vr got it all great singer/performer, and Slash need i say more.

Thank you! His voice is fine. It's just different. Listen to She Builds Quick Machines off of Libertad, then listen to anything off of Contraband. He's trying to make VR (vocally) not sound like STP. Sure, I would love to see an STP reunion, but for now VR is the closest thing to that and I've got no problems. And I actually heard that Libertad is amazing.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I think he is actually working on one.

You are correct, no confirmed release date but its been rumoured that it will be out before the end of the year.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?