It's been a year now...

Rhinocerous SurpriseRhinocerous Surprise Posts: 4,423
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Since Sleater-Kinney broke up. Damn, I still miss them.:(
Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Since Sleater-Kinney broke up. Damn, I still miss them.:(
    I'll second that........still hoping for the live dvd......a whole live album would also be great. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    I'll second that........still hoping for the live dvd......a whole live album would also be great. :(

Yeah, I wonder what's happening with that DVD. Was it cancelled, or are they just doing a really, really thorough job with it?

At least we have Corin's duet with Eddie on the Into The Wild CD to look forward to! Corin Tucker is this thing: the excellent thing!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    At least we have Corin's duet with Eddie on the Into The Wild CD to look forward to! Corin Tucker is this thing: the excellent thing!
    Saw that on a thread this morning......very interested in hearing that one....I also plan to eventually explore some music from Corin's other groups.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Saw that on a thread this morning......very interested in hearing that one....I also plan to eventually explore some music from Corin's other groups.

I can send you some mp3s if you'd like, guy.
    I can send you some mp3s if you'd like, guy.
    I would simply be happy with recommendations in regards to Heaven to Betsy or Cadallaca material that was worth the time and effort. :)
    Thanks for the offer......I will keep it in mind. :D
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I don't miss them
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • tybird wrote:
    I would simply be happy with recommendations in regards to Heaven to Betsy or Cadallaca material that was worth the time and effort. :)
    Thanks for the offer......I will keep it in mind. :D

Well, I know that Cadallaca only had one album, and one EP, and that H2B only had one commercially released album. I actually don't have any of them.:p But I do have one song from each.:D
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    I don't miss them

So....? Was there a point to that? You missed them so little, you had to open a thread about them and post a reply?
  • corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    I miss them. It's a shame that I never really caught on until 2004. At least I did catch a club show in '05, fantastic live experience. Janet is a seriously under-rated drummer.

It was good hearing Corin on the Hard Sun track, also noticed there seemed to be less hate for her on the Porch this morning when that song was posted.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • corduroy10 wrote:
    I miss them. It's a shame that I never really caught on until 2004. At least I did catch a club show in '05, fantastic live experience. Janet is a seriously under-rated drummer.

It was good hearing Corin on the Hard Sun track, also noticed there seemed to be less hate for her on the Porch this morning when that song was posted.

That's the excellent thing guy! Janet is Super Drummer 47!:D

I saw them at their first and last Irish gig, and next to Pearl Jam, it's the best gig I've been to. You haven't truly experienced Corin's voice till you're standing within spitting distance of her (though she doesn't like it if you keep doing that).:)
    That's the excellent thing guy! Janet is Super Drummer 47!:D

I saw them at their first and last Irish gig, and next to Pearl Jam, it's the best gig I've been to. You haven't truly experienced Corin's voice till you're standing within spitting distance of her (though she doesn't like it if you keep doing that).:)
    So......you're saying that...emmmm....someone was acting a little "stalkerish" at a Sleater-Kinney show? ;)
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    I miss them, too.

But, I respect the hell out of the fact that they quit while they were still awesome, and that they quit only after making what was a pretty groundbreaking (but still awesome) record. Yay for them. :D

But yeah...for selfish reasons, I wish they'd get the hell back together and start making records/touring again. :(
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, I guess so. Because I did not know they broke up. What was the reason?
    Broke up is such a nasty phrase........the official word was that they went on "hiatus". No reason was given.........that I ever read.
  • tybird wrote:
    So......you're saying that...emmmm....someone was acting a little "stalkerish" at a Sleater-Kinney show? ;)

Ssshhhhhh... What's done is done!:p Although I did get a smile off her while I was singing my heart out to Oh!:D
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, I guess so. Because I did not know they broke up. What was the reason?

They never really gave an official reason, but the general consensus is that Corin wanted to spend more time with her family. But as the J.Lo fan (:p) said, they went out at the top of their game, so I can't really think of any reason they won't re-unite at some point.

*hopes*
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    So....? Was there a point to that? You missed them so little, you had to open a thread about them and post a reply?

No offense, but I never miss an opportunity to rip on sleater kinney. They're right up with death cab for cutie in bands I despise.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert