Eric Clapton

edigerediger Posts: 308
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Just got 12th row centre floor tickets to see Clapton in March. I'm super excited. Anyone seen this tour so far? I've heard extremely good things.
Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• go see robert cray if he's opening the tour still

derek trucks is gonna blow your mind

overall a great tour, if you like the geeetar

cream was a good band
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    ediger wrote:
    Just got 12th row centre floor tickets to see Clapton in March. I'm super excited. Anyone seen this tour so far? I've heard extremely good things.
    Tix for Dallas go on sale next Sat. I'm hoping to have a good seat. Robert cray is opening and this should be an AWESOME show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    go see robert cray if he's opening the tour still

overall a great tour, if you like the geeetar

cream was a good band

I've seen videos of all of these guys but have never actually seen any of them in person. I'm a huge guitar geek, so I'm going to be in heaven.
  • saw him in 2004 with Robert Randolph and the Family band.....fucking amazing!
    "It's all happening"
  • saw him in 2004 with Robert Randolph and the Family band.....fucking amazing!

me too. talk about mindblowing.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    So anybody have any tips on getting great tickets for these shows? I go to tons of concerts, but even when I get tickets right at sale time on Ticketmaster, I don't normally get great seats. So what do you all do to get (for example) your 12th row seats!?
  • ediger wrote:
    I've seen videos of all of these guys but have never actually seen any of them in person. I'm a huge guitar geek, so I'm going to be in heaven.

doyle bramhall 2nd isn't too shabby either

neither is eric
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    magikev wrote:
    So anybody have any tips on getting great tickets for these shows? I go to tons of concerts, but even when I get tickets right at sale time on Ticketmaster, I don't normally get great seats. So what do you all do to get (for example) your 12th row seats!?

I can never understand how people do it either. Have fun everyone going!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    there were no presales of any sort for this show, so I simply got on ticketmaster the second tickets went on sale. Usually if you get your hands on a presale password for ticketmaster, you can end up with good seats. I got 7th row Tragically Hip tickets just a couple of weeks ago by logging on right when the presale began. So from my experience, try and get the presale passwords and get on ticketmaster right as tickets go on sale and you should get pretty decent seats.
    ediger wrote:
    there were no presales of any sort for this show, so I simply got on ticketmaster the second tickets went on sale. Usually if you get your hands on a presale password for ticketmaster, you can end up with good seats. I got 7th row Tragically Hip tickets just a couple of weeks ago by logging on right when the presale began. So from my experience, try and get the presale passwords and get on ticketmaster right as tickets go on sale and you should get pretty decent seats.

Thanks for the tip. The next obvious question is how does one obtain pre-sale passwords?
    yosi wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. The next obvious question is how does one obtain pre-sale passwords?

your best bet is signing up for e-mailing lists of bands that have tours going on sale soon. As annoying as it is to get the newsletters and stuff, you'll get the presale passwords. Plus sign up for any mailing list things that local radio stations might offer. They tend to send out the passwords.
    ediger wrote:
    your best bet is signing up for e-mailing lists of bands that have tours going on sale soon. As annoying as it is to get the newsletters and stuff, you'll get the presale passwords. Plus sign up for any mailing list things that local radio stations might offer. They tend to send out the passwords.

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I usually do that stuff with some bands, but its good to know that there isn't just some big secret that I don't know about.

Unless there is one and you just can't tell me... :p
    yosi wrote:
    Ok. Thanks for the tip. I usually do that stuff with some bands, but its good to know that there isn't just some big secret that I don't know about.

Unless there is one and you just can't tell me... :p

well it wouldnt be a secret then...

:D no, no. Theres no secret to it, that I know of. Some venues allow season ticket holders and employees to purchase tickets early to some events, so if you cant get anything close, that could be the reason.