So, I saw Chris Cornell on Wednesday, vid caps too :)

edited July 2007 in Other Music
And he blew the roof off of the fucking place. 2000 people stuffed into a sardine box with no a/c that we know as the Starland Ballroom.

The rest you can pretty much just guess, sweaty people rocking the house.

I got some vids with my shitty digicam

And motherfucking A, I got to see Say Hello 2 Heaven, balls to the wall :)

http://www.vintagehippie.com/cornell/ - right click the files and Save As or Save File As to save to your computer

I put up:
Say Hello 2 Heaven (the dude with the lighter was great)
Seasons (!)
Fell On Black Days acoustic
and the end of the show (Black Hole Sun ending through the final bow)

Enjoy :)
If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    ....this.....is.....not......a......chris......cornell....board.....ARGH!

*turns into Hulk*
  • Bite me 10chars :)
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    how were the jeans he was wearing?? (had to be the first to ask :D )
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • dude this belongs in the "Other Music" forum...this is the "Bitch about the Vic Theatre" forum
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • well fuck you guys, last stuff I share here or there
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    I saw him last week in Detroit. He was soooooo great. I'm still smiling about it. He sounded perfect. It was loud as hell. A ton of Soundgarden tunes. I wish he would have played more of his new record, but no complaints.
    Well worth the drive from Cleveland.
    But someone should tell his sound guys to lighten up. I thought I had tinnitus the next day. (Concert head). But it cleared up, thank god.
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    seeing him tuesday, 3rd row at the beacon, cant wait
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • jerseyjammer1jerseyjammer1 Posts: 245
    edited January 2015
    I was also at this show in Starland. EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!

Highlights for me:

Cover of Bruce's Atlantic City acoustic!!!
    Fell on Black Days acoustic
    Jesus Christ Pose

Great show.

Do you have any mp3's of this show or know where to find them?

thanks.

Post edited by jerseyjammer1 on
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    tsk1122 wrote:
    tsk1122@hotmail.com
    did he really?? i need an mp3 of this! and to the OP, lighten up... we were just having some fun at your and chris' expense...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    did he really?? i need an mp3 of this! and to the OP, lighten up... we were just having some fun at your and chris' expense...

I know, it just seems every thread on this entire board gets attacked eventually. I know I should be used to it, but who wants to be used to that? ;)
  • tsk1122 wrote:
    I was also at this show in Starland. EXCELLENT SHOW!!!!

Highlights for me:

Fell on Black Days acoustic
    Jesus Christ Pose

Great show.

Do you have any mp3's of this show or know where to find them?

thanks.

tim
    tsk1122@hotmail.com

I was too into the show to get anymore than the few vids...suprised they came out as well as they did. I do have Fell on Black Days uploaded

Jesus Christ Pose was incredible.

His band was great and very friendly, got my ticket signed outside by all of them. Apparently chris had a vip meet & greet inside for a while and my drunken friend was on his last legs. Fucker.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    all you cornell haters really need to fuck off. you all act like a bunch of little whiny bitches. this is the other music forum. meaning other music besides pearl jam. i believe chris cornell falls under that category. don't like it? don't open the fucking thread. stop your bitchy little complaining. it's just disrespectful when someone is excited about sharing something from the show and you fuckers just bash it.

anyways, sounds awesome what was the setlist? based on your memory. i saw him july 24 in boston he was amazing there as well.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    all you cornell haters really need to fuck off. you all act like a bunch of little whiny bitches. this is the other music forum. meaning other music besides pearl jam. i believe chris cornell falls under that category. don't like it? don't open the fucking thread. stop your bitchy little complaining. it's just disrespectful when someone is excited about sharing something from the show and you fuckers just bash it.

anyways, sounds awesome what was the setlist? based on your memory. i saw him july 24 in boston he was amazing there as well.

http://www.chriscornell.com/boards/

You are an idiot. The reason we got pissy is cause this genius originally posted this in The Porch...the PEARL JAM forum. We have more important things to talk about than Chris in The Porch like who needs a Vic ticket, who has one, and who is willing to get nekkid for one. The mod moved this post here shorty after. So now who is the bitch?
  • You are an idiot. The reason we got pissy is cause this genius originally posted this in The Porch...the PEARL JAM forum. We have more important things to talk about than Chris in The Porch like who needs a Vic ticket, who has one, and who is willing to get nekkid for one. The mod moved this post here shorty after. So now who is the bitch?

How about consolidating the Vic shit into a single thread Mr. Efficiency? :) Last I'll comment on the matter. I got some cool vids, so check em out if you wish. After sharing the whole 06 tour after the sale end date and a lot of other stuff, I won't post anymore of it here. Thanks for the support.
    How about consolidating the Vic shit into a single thread Mr. Efficiency? :)

I'm not a mod. Why tell me?
    You are an idiot. The reason we got pissy is cause this genius originally posted this in The Porch...the PEARL JAM forum. We have more important things to talk about than Chris in The Porch like who needs a Vic ticket, who has one, and who is willing to get nekkid for one. The mod moved this post here shorty after. So now who is the bitch?

ok, so my mistake that it was in the porch before this. big deal. they moved it appropriatley. so what is the problem?
    ok, so my mistake that it was in the porch before this. big deal. they moved it appropriatley. so what is the problem?

There is no problem. You were the one who said "all you cornell haters really need to fuck off. you all act like a bunch of little whiny bitches." Sounds like you're the one with the problem.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Shut up. This is a geniune thread about a concert and yet it just decsends into petty arguing. I swear, the Cornell haters and Cornell worshippers are as bad as each other.

I'd be interested in hearing an mp3 of Atlantic City if anyone can hook me up.
  • I'm not a mod. Why tell me?

Not my fault, nor my problem. You should apply for a mod position, you'd fit right in :)
    There is no problem. You were the one who said "all you cornell haters really need to fuck off. you all act like a bunch of little whiny bitches." Sounds like you're the one with the problem.

it's because of the fact that honestly, more threads have been going around about NOT making cornell threads that it is just aggravating. and everytime, a cornell fan starts a thread, the people who always complain get there way on to it and make some rude unecassary remark, or start giving links to cornell forums and saying to stop making cornell threads. that is just ridiculous and useless whining. why can't you guys just ignore the cornell threads and let us talk about it if we want?
  • muppet wrote:
    Shut up. This is a geniune thread about a concert and yet it just decsends into petty arguing. I swear, the Cornell haters and Cornell worshippers are as bad as each other.

I'd be interested in hearing an mp3 of Atlantic City if anyone can hook me up.

I'm in the middle really, but I was extremely impressed with the performance. I saw him in 99 at the Tower Theater and he was dead on. I thought he had lost some of his voice since then, but was treated to a full scale rock show in a club.
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    I'm in the middle really, but I was extremely impressed with the performance. I saw him in 99 at the Tower Theater and he was dead on. I thought he had lost some of his voice since then, but was treated to a full scale rock show in a club.

Ignore the negative Cornell people. Thanks for posting. I've seen him twice this tour and I am still floating. Just incredible shows from an incredible voice and talent :) I'm proud to be a fan. So, he's not perfect -never thought he was. People make mistakes.

Say Hello to Heaven was unbelievable when I heard it in MPLS - I almost cried.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    THANKS FOR POSTING!!
    My 1st Starland show and def not my last
    It was EPIC show
    Just Bought tix for both Beacon's and scored orch seats

Funny that one of my friends didn't want to go because they thought he couldn't beat Irving show

Say Hello to heaven
    Atlantic City
    Buckley reference
    Sunshower
    Seasons
    were all my highlights in addition to the drool fest

Heard drummer for Bon Jovi was there (looks like Sammy Hagar??)
    (Curly haired guy standing next to GF and guy who looked like David Crosby side stage)

Also enjoyed Juliet Lewis and her band who totally rocked out
    (although might be sued in near future by PT..)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I'm glad someone posted on this show. I was there and despite the heat, loved it. It kicked ass forwards and backwards. I just did not feel like starting a thread and hear people bitch about another CC thread, even though it just would have been a show review basically.

In any case, great time Wednesday night...