Wolfmother

Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I just saw Wolfmother for the first time on Tuesday......and they were amazing! I've always liked them......there album is packed with solid tunes, but to see them live was an experience. If you ever have a chance to see these guys go for it.......even with limited songs (one Album) they will kick your ass for 2 hours. I am really Jealous of anyone that got to see them with PJ last year.
my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Why_Go wrote:
    I just saw Wolfmother for the first time on Tuesday......and they were amazing! I've always liked them......there album is packed with solid tunes, but to see them live was an experience. If you ever have a chance to see these guys go for it.......even with limited songs (one Album) they will kick your ass for 2 hours. I am really Jealous of anyone that got to see them with PJ last year.

Could you be more specific about what the show was like? I'm seeing them in April
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904
    Why_Go wrote:

im VERY excited about seeing Wolfmother this coming Tuesday in Toronto :)

can't wait to hear "Mind's Eye" LIVE, as well as the recently-recorded new song "Love Attacker",...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    saw wolfmother at the opera house in toronto last year, was awesome, you're in for a treat.
  • Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
    I missed them early in the year. I did buy their album in april though and got to see them at the Virgin Music Festival on the Toronto Islands. They kicked ass for me then. The Opera House is a small venue and would have been awesome to see them so early in their career.
    My favorite tune is Colossal Girl!
    "And she's talkin to the trees again, tellin me that she's one of them!"
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • SnowRiderSnowRider Posts: 55
    I too saw them on Sat night her in Calgary.. Awesome show, they do long jams. They did a bad ass Led Zep cover communication break down. I could close my eyes and it seemed as if they were on stage. Minds Eye was good. Collasal was tight, They closed out the encore with Joker and the Thief. All in all the show was great, the Bass play/keyboard masher came out on Crutches and was hobeling aruond on one leg all night.

They played about 110 minutes of clean and loud ass kickn Rock N ROLL!!. Ya so if they roll through your town pony up your beer money and buy yourself some real entertainment cause these guys are the real deal and they wont be playing club shows for long.
    Calgary 04/09/05, Las Vegas 06/07/06, The Gorge 22/07/06 23/07/06
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Hey, this isn't the other music forum. ;) I agree that Wolfmother rocks live! I saw them at The Moore in Seattle last year and they were great! I can't wait to see them again, and for a new album!!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    My favorite new band !!!
    #FHP
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    100 Pacer wrote:
    im VERY excited about seeing Wolfmother this coming Tuesday in Toronto :)

can't wait to hear "Mind's Eye" LIVE, as well as the recently-recorded new song "Love Attacker",...

I will be there as well. Saw them here in Pgh back in Sept. Great show!
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • mcocozzamcocozza Posts: 170
    like them a lot too. hoping they get back to the east coast soon.

just picked up one of their posters by justin hampton: http://www.justinhampton.com/index.html
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,836
    Why_Go wrote:

Best new live band I saw in 2006

three times-each better than next
  • they are the best new band to come out in years. i was supposed to see them at the tla in philly last year but was getting over pj in east rutherford the night before. i did see them around christmas time and they absolutly killed it. covered communications breakdown and did the whole album.
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • shakey420shakey420 Posts: 27
    Two hours of high energy, guitar ragin, loud music. awesome band to see live. The songs never get old. The energy level and the intensity of this band is a thing to witness.
  • Just saw them last night in Columbus, absolutely incredible, do not miss this show.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I was listening to these guys on the way to work this morning, and Apple Tree came on. I thought teh CD stacker had gone to teh next disc, and I spent a few minutes trying to work out which White Stripes I was listening to, until teh next song came on.
    It's not a bad album though, decent rock'n'roll really.
    Music is not a competetion.