Social D

Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Social DISTORTION is comin to town........should i go?

Have any of you senn them lately?
my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    If you like them at all, or are just curious, go. They're a great show.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Why_Go wrote:

they are fun to see....orig OC punks!

Keep an eye on the rug that Mike Ness stands on....if any band members step on it during their set, they get fined!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    they are fun to see....orig OC punks!

Keep an eye on the rug that Mike Ness stands on....if any band members step on it during their set, they get fined!

It's funny, that doesn't surprise me at all.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Why_Go wrote:

Get tickets now!
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    definately go. they only play for about an hour 10, but it's worth it. they're fantastic. especially if they play angel's wings! awesome tune
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yeah go dude... they are great... never seen em live , but heard great things

i would really like to see them... let us know how it goes!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Why_Go wrote:

I saw them in Feb 2005 while they were supporting their then-new album. Great band live, and I knew very little about them other than the few songs that people in rock circles generally know. After seeing them, I picked up their live CD and dig it.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Go! They are great live. I saw them about a year or two ago at a small place. I never realized how bad ass Mike Ness was on guitar. Also, he looks like he could break people in half and not think twice.
    Brian
  • uuuuuu Posts: 9
    Yes, get tickets and go! They are great live, very fan-friendly, and ticket prices are REALLY reasonable. The crowds can get a little rough sometimes, but that's part of the entertainment. I've seen them quite a few times over the last two years and plan on catching more shows this time around. If I ever meet Mike, I'm going to thank him for introducing me to Social D.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    I was in Chicago this weekend staying at the Westin right next to the house of blues, and when I was leaving there was a guy (bigger) in a social distortion jacket, long black beard. My friend said they look like theyre in a band. (I only know of SD cuz Mike always sports their stuff). And when I was pulling out there was a touring bus pulling a trailer.

Not sure if this is related at all, and I checked if theyre playing any dates yesterday and they werent then.

And with all the good reviews thus far i may consider seeing them.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Why_Go wrote:

GO!!! I saw them two nights at the Filmore in SF in November of 2005.

Great show...a little short...but great nontheless.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    They are my second favorite band, I love them. Mike Ness has some solo stuff that I love to. If you have the chance to see them, you should go.
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    sickgirl wrote:
    They are my second favorite band, I love them. Mike Ness has some solo stuff that I love to. If you have the chance to see them, you should go.

I gathered that you like them a little bit from your name! very nice.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I caught them at HFStival in 2005 in Baltimore. They didn't play too long (festival) but they were very good and full of energy. I'd say go and you won't be disappointed.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

yes went with 2 pals I met from here. Great jammin show, standard 1.5 same songs every night gig, but still rockin.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Social D is def on my list of bands I want to see. Hope you get tix!
  • the question should be "why wouldnt you go?". they are one of the most underrated bands out there. id go see them for sure. cant wait for their new album!
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    hells yeah I got my ticks this morning can't wait only 35$ CDN
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they were coming to my town. I'm there. fuck yeah.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • definately go , they are a great band
    the whole world be different soon

SD1998 , SD 2000 , SD 2003 , SD 2006, SD 2009
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Didn't PJ and SD play together in Seattle once?

Anybody able to remember the details and is there a boot?

Here are the current dates:

4/12 - VENTURA, CA
    4/13 - FRESNO, CA
    4/14 - CHICO, CA
    4/16 - VANCOUVER, BC
    4/18 - VICTORIA, BC
    4/20 - CALGARY, BC
    4/24 - EDMONTON, BC
    4/25 - SASKATOON, SK
    4/27 - WINNIPEG, MB
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Hell yeh, you should go!! GREAT band!! Wonder if they'll come to Australia in the near future.....i can only hope!! :)
    And now my biggest challenge - a thing called LOVE
    Well i guess i'm not as tough as i thought i was -

Who wants to fight temptation?....That's no fun...
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    nukeboot wrote:
    Didn't PJ and SD play together in Seattle once?

Not sure about full shows together (SD should get pulled in as an opener for a tour though). But Ed & Mike played Ball and Chain with Mike Ness at a benefit in LA on 2/26/02.

And Sickgirl, gotta agree with you. Mikes solo albums are great.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    merkinball wrote:
    Ed & Mike played Ball and Chain with Mike Ness at a benefit in LA on 2/26/02.

Does anyone know where I can find a boot of that?

I'd love to hear it. I'm a big SD fan.

Thanks.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • They are AWESOME live. Go.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
    the question should be "why wouldnt you go?". they are one of the most underrated bands out there. id go see them for sure. cant wait for their new album!

THere's a new one coming?
    I follow them pretty closely and haven't heard anything.
    It was 8 years between Sex, Love, and Rock n Roll and White Light, White Heat, White Trash, not counting Mike's solo stuff.
    nukeboot wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can find a boot of that?

I'd love to hear it. I'm a big SD fan.

Thanks.

Man, I was there for that. Awesome. I have a recording somewhere. PM me if you'd like.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    id like to hear that too. . .going to see them on july 23 at starland ballroom in jersey, havent seen them since warped tour in '97 (my 1st real concert!) should be fun
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    There was a new Social D. track on the radio the other day. Got me excited for a full album, but apparently its off their upcoming Greatest Hits disc.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball