American Analog Set

!!!!!! Posts: 28
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Just got the 'Know By Heart' album today. They fucking sound so awesome. I have been listening to it all day.

Does anyone recommend any other album(s)?

Thanks a ton.
!!!
SIGNATURE :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    Check out "The Golden Band". Everybody says Know By Heart is their best, but I think TGB edges it just slightly.

I saw AmAnSet a little over a month ago and they played very well.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    damn, i just saw them on sunday in Orlando, and they are awesome live too! I just picked up their newest album, set frree(I think it's called), and it takes a few listens but is very good. I have "know by heart" and call it my favorite, but "promise of love" is pretty good too.

I just went and found some of their older stuff online and i plan on buying everything they have.

Also, at their show, they were selling a vinyl of four songs from their new album that were extended jams...awesome too.

check out amanset.com they are at the end of their final tour, go see 'em if you can!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I regret not buying the vinyls. It was funny when I saw them in Seattle because the guy sitting at the desk selling their stuff was actually the vocalist/guitarist.

And as far as I am aware, they are taking an extended break to work on side projects, not calling it quits.
  • If you like that sort of sound, check out Kings of Convenience and Iron & Wine.
  • Enigma wrote:
    I saw AmAnSet a little over a month ago and they played very well.

Chop Suey? I was there too!
    They were very good.
    tsopotelba wrote:
    Chop Suey? I was there too!
    They were very good.
    Yup! First time being there. Good venue and good sound. Kinda wish I was born a few months earlier so I could've enjoyed a few brews at the neat bar.

Do you know of any websites that post AmAnSet's set lists?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Enigma wrote:
    Yup! First time being there. Good venue and good sound. Kinda wish I was born a few months earlier so I could've enjoyed a few brews at the neat bar.

Do you know of any websites that post AmAnSet's set lists?

I was hoping to find a setlist too, so i emailed them. They havent goten back to me yet, but they did reply in the past when i emailed some requests for the show in Orlando. They have a few email addresses on amanset.com.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • !!!!!! Posts: 28
    Thanks for everything guys. Now Ive got:

From our living room to yours
    the fun of watching fireworks
    the golden band
    set free
    know by heart
    updates[ep]
    through the 90's [singles and unrealesed tracks]

I am loving this band.

:)
    SIGNATURE :)