Wintersleep in the US

Greensmither37Greensmither37 Posts: 10
edited February 2007 in Other Music
They opened for Pearl Jam a little while back. I wish I could have seen that. Awesome band! Their first tour in the US is coming up it's only in the Northeast though. Their cd's are also going to be released in the US in March.

Check them out. They rock!!

http://www.wintersleep.com/
http://www.wintersleep.com/ws_tourdates.htm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bump
  • yup, these guys are great
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • that's not a tour - that's 5 shows in the U.S.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • It is a bunch of shows that are consecutive. That's good enough for me.
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    These guys are seriously good! I've heard of them before but never checked them out until tonight. Thanks for bringing them to my attention again.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • I really like Wintersleep and Im sad I missed the last time they were near, and by near I mean kinda far but as close as they will get but yay for Wintersleep!
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Greensmith wrote:
    It is a bunch of shows that are consecutive. That's good enough for me.

i guess we have a different view of what a "bunch" is. no biggie. i wish they were coming closer to me (who doesn't hit pittsburgh on a "tour" of the northeast...it's close enough. it's above the mason-dixon). i bet their live show is GOOD.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Hopefully it is the first of many shows after their albums are released in the US.

I caught them once for a 30 minute set at the CMJ Music Festival in New York. They are a sight to be seen. Maybe I am biased. I can't help it, I love their music so much!!
  • Greensmith wrote:
    Hopefully it is the first of many shows after their albums are released in the US.

I caught them once for a 30 minute set at the CMJ Music Festival in New York. They are a sight to be seen. Maybe I am biased. I can't help it, I love their music so much!!

shit, i'm biased...i love them. i bought their records last january and i NEVER buy records (digital or otherwise).
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Come to Europe!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    audiodave wrote:
    Come to Europe!

Last I heard that's something they are working on.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Yeah, these guys are a great band, from not too far away from here. Check them out people, buy a ticket and go see em'.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    MCG wrote:
    Last I heard that's something they are working on.

Glad to hear it. I've only heard of these guys through this forum, but I really like what i've heard. Attempts to get my friends to like them has not worked, however.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    they're coming back to the US? I just saw them here in NY...they were part of the cmj thingy if I recall correctly. They were great live.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    whose in the band? and are they from minnesota? if i have the right band i'm thinking of, isn't someone in the band from an older, somewhat well-known or lauded band?
    Live Free or Die!
  • 3sheets wrote:
    whose in the band? and are they from minnesota? if i have the right band i'm thinking of, isn't someone in the band from an older, somewhat well-known or lauded band?

They are from Canada. I believe the guys in the band are fairly young. Check em out: http://www.wintersleep.com
    3sheets wrote:

I'm pretty sure they hail from Halifax, Nova Scotia.
    Which came first,
    Greensmith wrote:

Wow! They are playing with Tragically Hip! Those shows will be amazing.
    Which came first,
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I thought they were very good. If they played my neck of the woods, I may go see them.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • I got an extra ticket for the Boston show if anyone wants it for face value.

-MB