Options

Ben Harper Summer Tour w/ DAmien Marley

GrungebloodGrungeblood Posts: 64
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I was just wandering who all is going to some of these shows. Ive already purchased tickets for the show in Cary, NC. It looks like its gonna be an awesome tour but i dont know that much about damien.
"I write a letter to a friend of mine
I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
Haven't seen him smile in a little while
But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
R.I.P. JEN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    damian is amazing. i wish they were coming to montreal or toronto. would love to see damian headline though.. but i love harper too.

should be an incredible show
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    should be an awesome show, thats a great venue. i saw jack johnson there last year and it was great. ben harper's new cd is amazing.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    I'm really confused right now as to why there is no Toronto date????

I got my update e-mail from benharper.net about the tour and there was nothing about any Toronto shows, it seems like such a scattered tour, like he's in NA then Japan, Hawaii, Europe, Austrailia and then back to the US.

It's kind of spread out weird I thought? I really hope that there's a Toronto date added, the show in last summer @ The Kool Haus was epic.

(fingers crossed)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    YAY!!!!!!!
    Got tickets yesterday for aug. show at berkeley greek
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    RE- toronto

supposedly they're playing toronot on sept 2, at the molson ampitheatre. it was posted originally, and then taken down .. "last minute details"
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    I'm really confused right now as to why there is no Toronto date????

I got my update e-mail from benharper.net about the tour and there was nothing about any Toronto shows, it seems like such a scattered tour, like he's in NA then Japan, Hawaii, Europe, Austrailia and then back to the US.

It's kind of spread out weird I thought? I really hope that there's a Toronto date added, the show in last summer @ The Kool Haus was epic.

(fingers crossed)

There was a sept 2nd show planned but it was removed from the list just before the presale. However if you were lucky enough to have purchased the new CD at HMV on release day, you could have recieved a free ticket to see Ben at The Mod Club! The fucking Mod Club! I was at Kool Haus last year and it was epic, but The Mod Club will be pure insanity. I'm still kicking myself for being lazy on release day, because I had planned on purchasing at HMV but took a nap instead.

q
  • Options
    I forgot to tell you the date. April 10th @ THE MOD CLUB.

q
  • Options
    PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    There is a show for Toronto at the MOD club on April 10th but I think you have to win tickets to get in otherwise I would be there for sure!
  • Options
    i'm so pissed that i missed ben at the amoeba instore. did anyone go to that?

atleast he's touring still... otherwise i would have felt like such a jerk
  • Options
    PJ Pook wrote:
    There is a show for Toronto at the MOD club on April 10th but I think you have to win tickets to get in otherwise I would be there for sure!

Ya I heard about that show....it's a contest winners only though as far as I know...

Hopefully that September date is true!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    got my two tix to the saturday show at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    he's playing in vancouver in may while i'm still here in san diego, then he's playing in san diego in august when i'll be back home in vancouver...so hopefully i'll still somehow get to see him.
    the dates do seem a bit scattered to me too Thumbing My Way.
  • Options
    There was a sept 2nd show planned but it was removed from the list just before the presale. However if you were lucky enough to have purchased the new CD at HMV on release day, you could have recieved a free ticket to see Ben at The Mod Club! The fucking Mod Club! I was at Kool Haus last year and it was epic, but The Mod Club will be pure insanity. I'm still kicking myself for being lazy on release day, because I had planned on purchasing at HMV but took a nap instead.

q

thatsssa just C-R-A-Z-Y
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I've just started to get into Ben Harper. As a total coincidence, I was visiting my brother in law in Claremont, CA and wandered into a local music store. The store carried a big assortment of acoustic instruments from all parts of the world, it was really cool. It turns out Ben's family owns this store. As we were checking out, this guy strikes up a conversation with us and congratulated us on the pregnancy (my wife is 6 months pregnant). He was promoting a chidren's book he wrote and after talking to him and seeing the book we bought a copy. The guy was Joel Harper, Ben's brother. He's a really cool guy, very friendly. Anyway, if you have a child, or know one, if you can find it you should get it. It's called "All the Way to the Ocean". It teaches kids how to be responsible to the environment and has a forward by the surfer Laird Hamilton.

Anyway, I really look forward to getting Ben's new cd. This experience made me want to get it even sooner. You can get it on Amazon.com for like $10 right now.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Lori and Scottie...I will see you guys at The Greek!! Wouldn't miss it for the world. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    What a shit tour. I sure hope there are more shows announced considering he seems to be completely avoiding all typical southern stops (TX, FL, GA, etc.). But hey, atleast Cali gets about 29 shows.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I don't know much about either of these - apart from LATG. I'm not sure about Marley but Harper's playing Oxegen - an Irish summer festival for which I have a ticket.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I don't know much about either of these - apart from LATG. I'm not sure about Marley but Harper's playing Oxegen - an Irish summer festival for which I have a ticket.

OMG, you get to see THE WHO, PAUL WELLER, and BEN HARPER!
    WOW!
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I love Ben Harper but Damian will blow you away.
    Guarenteed.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    The tour doesn't stop in TX, but wraps up the week before the austin city limits festival. Another go-round for Ben? I would love to see Damien Marley, too, though. Junior Gong is the stuff.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    OMG, you get to see THE WHO, PAUL WELLER, and BEN HARPER!
    WOW!

Yep :) . I'm super excited about the who - and I never use the word 'super' for anything :D

Ahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm gone mad :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Ebizzie wrote:
    What a shit tour. I sure hope there are more shows announced considering he seems to be completely avoiding all typical southern stops (TX, FL, GA, etc.). But hey, atleast Cali gets about 29 shows.

He's coming to Atlanta on 9/15 at Chastain Park.