Soundgarden "Head Down"

cornellisgodcornellisgod Posts: 22
edited September 2006 in Other Music
Hey, does anyone have any video or concert footage of Soundgarden performing this song? It's my favourite song and would love to see a live performance.
"That f***ing guy makes me wanna puke, sending a statue of himself on tour: what the f*** is all that about? What a f***ing jerk. You know what I hope? I hope he's buggering Lisa Marie! Shit, that asshole Elvis must be rolling in his grave, F***er."

Chris Cornell doesn't like Michael Jackson.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I do, i have on this DVD I downloaded at dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=63196

If i knew how to edit it, i would upload it on youtube for you, but i have no idea how to do that
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    cornellisgod (loved your username!), where does that quote on your signature came from?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • best Matt Cameron song ever
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    I have a few versions on dvd...but I didn't bring them to school with me.
  • I can't access the one above. Anyone else have a version?

BTW that Cornell quote about Michael Jackson can be found here...great article

http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/articles/mm_8-26-95.shtml
    "That f***ing guy makes me wanna puke, sending a statue of himself on tour: what the f*** is all that about? What a f***ing jerk. You know what I hope? I hope he's buggering Lisa Marie! Shit, that asshole Elvis must be rolling in his grave, F***er."

Chris Cornell doesn't like Michael Jackson.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    best Matt Cameron song ever
    it was written by ben shephard.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Very cool song. Can't help i afraid.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    I can't access the one above. Anyone else have a version?

BTW that Cornell quote about Michael Jackson can be found here...great article

http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/articles/mm_8-26-95.shtml

I remember reading that interview a while back... he sounded so bad@ss back then. LOL!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    maybe Audioslave will cover it in concert when they need to wake up the crowd
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:

I think he may have been referring to Matt's percussion work. Yeah, great song written by Ben, but Cameron's drumming IS THE SHIT on this song!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i really love this song too, bump to see if anybody has any video, i think i have a live mp3 somewhere ill try to upload over the weekend (after work)

Ben's a genius (see/hear 'half' & his other band Hater)
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    i thought so.

i was like.. "Matt wrote that..... ? huh?" :p

Ben is an asshole but he's a reallly realllly good writer.. at least musically.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Ben is an asshole but he's a reallly realllly good writer.. at least musically.

Why do you say that? Sure he had issues at the time but they all did and perhaps a little bit to much has been made of his role in the breakup.
  • ^ He had the most pronounced role in the break up, and expressed it the most. But for me, the break up was more about some people wanting to be more mainstream, others wanting to lay back. Ben sounds like a great person in interviews :)
  • mike_s_6 wrote:
    ^ He had the most pronounced role in the break up, and expressed it the most. But for me, the break up was more about some people wanting to be more mainstream, others wanting to lay back. Ben sounds like a great person in interviews :)

Why dont' you just insert Chris's name to make it a bit more obvious? i think if Soundagrden was still a band they would probably be one of the biggest bands in the world so I seriously doubt that being 'mainstream' had anything to do with it. Not to metion what is wrong with being mainstream...that is essentially what Pearl Jam is.
  • Okay, I was referring to Chris and Matt as opposed to Kim and Ben. Look at where they are now. Matt has expressed his wanting to be more involved with Chris' solo album, so I gather he wants to be part of that "more mainstream" sound. Seems like he was most shocked about the split too.

I don't think there's anything wrong with going mainstream or not, if that's what they wanted.
  • Bump
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    Great song, from a great album. It is a pity they ever split, BUT of course, if they didn't PJ wouldn't have Matt, thus would lose alot of their power and edge, anyone drooling over Audioslave lately, that hasn't already, should seriously invest in some Soundgarden, to see how good AS 'should' or 'could' have been.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.