Options

Flea and Danny Carey jamming!

abortedaborted Posts: 31
edited May 2006 in Other Music
What do you think? A great bassist from Red Hot Chili Peppers and great drummer from Tool doing a collaboration C'MON! this would be amazing. The two best rock musicians today!
I chose living only for seeing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brainofPjBbrainofPjB Posts: 57
    Danny Carey is a pretty nasty drummer...I'd be all for it, especially for the energy they'd probably produce.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    aborted wrote:
    What do you think? A great bassist from Red Hot Chili Peppers and great drummer from Tool doing a collaboration C'MON! this would be amazing. The two best rock musicians today!

i think justin chancellor is the perfect bassist for tool, but other than that, i'd say radiohead's bassist (collin greenwood) and jeff ament are the best bassists overall
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    waves roll inwaves roll in Posts: 159
    Flea and Danny Carey jamming would be so crazy and in an awesome way. I would love to hear them together.
  • Options
    JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Ryan Martini (don't know how to spell it) from Mudvayne is a pretty nasty bass player.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Danny Carey would eat Flea alive.

Flea is great, but I don't think he could hang with Danny in odd time signature land.

Ben Shepherd on the other hand...
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Danny Carey has already played with the best bassist in the world, Les Claypool. They did 3 songs on Adrian Belew's last album. They have more material recorded for the album after the next one.

Flea is a good funky bassist, but there are are quite a few better rock bass players.
  • Options
    waves roll inwaves roll in Posts: 159
    Flea is much more than just a great funk bassist. He's played in a number of punk bands such as The Circle Jerks and Fear. He can play many different styles and is brilliant. Have you seen his Bass DVD with River Phoenix as the interviewer? He is unbelievable.