Powderfinger

bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
edited February 2008 in Other Music
im really in a powderfinger mood at the moment.......

for those of u who dont know them, they are an awesome aussie band, been around for 15+ years, lots of great tunes, albums, awards, etc.....

who else here loves powderfinger?
Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    ME..im an aussie haha,,my happiness,slowly creeping back!!
    Ive seen them live at wave aid..KICKED ASS!!
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    right on!

ive been getting into their dvd lately, These Days......

1st disk= rock
    2nd disk= acoustic

what could be better?.....

keep on rockin!.......
  • Yeah I'm right into them at the moment too. Pick You Up is the best! And D.A.F...
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Powderfinger's one of my fave Aussie bands! I've been listening to a lot of "Internationist" and "Odyssey Number Five" as of late.

They are a great band, I really would love to see them in concert... :)
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
    bass_man10 wrote:
    Yeah I'm right into them at the moment too. Pick You Up is the best! And D.A.F...

D.A.F fucken rocks!........

keep on rockin!.......
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    im an aussie and i think their a great band, though i think by the end of their career their albums became more mainstream and less rock!! I hate Bernard fannings new album that fucken song " i just want to wish you well!" was horrible!!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • I really enjoy Powderfinger as well. I don't own Double Allergic or Footprints, so I do not know d.a.f. Funnily enough, I do have the b-sides for d.a.f. on my computer and quite enjoy them. I'll have to check out d.a.f.

I own Odyssey Number Five and Vulture Street, and I love them both.

I think that Australia and Canada are very similiar with regards to their music scene. Both countries have this rock that is distinctively their own. Powderfinger, to me, is an Australian band through and through, just as The Tragically Hip is a Canadian band through and through.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    im a big fan of Powderfinger, did you know they got their name from a Neil Young song? "Bless My Soul" is my current fave Powderfinger song
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    yeah i love them.ive got fingerprints and vulture street.they're a great aussie band!!
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Yes, I do love Powderfinger and yes, iluvslash, that Wish You Well song was bloody atrocious. Seems to me the listening to Powderfinger these days makes you an official bogan, though. Don't get me wrong, I love my beer and my flannies but I don't think anyone who knew me would actually regard me as a bogan. However, it may not be all that bad of a thing. Bogans do tend to have much better album collections than non-bogans, even if it's for all the wrong reasons, eg. "Acka-Dacka makes me feel like punchin' on" or "I can sing Paradise City sick when I'm pissed." You'll never go back to a footy mate's place and find a Craig David CD on his shelf. If you do, he's probably on the team just for the group showers.
    biffhardon wrote:
    Yes, I do love Powderfinger and yes, iluvslash, that Wish You Well song was bloody atrocious. Seems to me the listening to Powderfinger these days makes you an official bogan, though. Don't get me wrong, I love my beer and my flannies but I don't think anyone who knew me would actually regard me as a bogan. However, it may not be all that bad of a thing. Bogans do tend to have much better album collections than non-bogans, even if it's for all the wrong reasons, eg. "Acka-Dacka makes me feel like punchin' on" or "I can sing Paradise City sick when I'm pissed." You'll never go back to a footy mate's place and find a Craig David CD on his shelf. If you do, he's probably on the team just for the group showers.

hahahaha....too too true

nothing wrong with a bit of good old bogan pub rock when you've had a few with the boys!

and everyone always knows the words to the songs, even if they say they dont like it.........

bogans rock!

keep on rockin!.......
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i only know that 'm:i 2' song. any other sugestions?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    "How far Have we really come?" is an amazing tune. They're a great great band, and I'm just waiting for them to come to the states so I can see them in a smaller venue. I saw them at Rod Laver in Melbourne, but that place is massive. I want a club show. Can't wait!
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • It's my favorite song of all time.

Never checked these guys out though.

Will now.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    much much love for powderfinger here

fave is internationalist... then double allergic

damn they are awesome
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I really like them! Here's a link for those interested.

http://www.powderfinger.com/vs/default.asp
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Powderfinger rocks. Since you've been gone is one of the best songs. Love it.
    Austrailian Rock Bands Rule! Especially Silverchair!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • A bump for this thread.

My pre-ordered copy of Dream Days... finally arrived today, two months late. It's pretty damn good (with the exception of Wishing on the same moon).
  • So what Powderfinger record would you recommend to someone who's new to the band?

They're playing with Counting Crows and Ben Harper at Hyde Park in London this summer and I want a justification for the expensive ticket price!
  • Come on, someone's gotta have some recommendations!
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    internationalist is the best album by a long way... everything else is too radio friendly. I recommend internationalist or their first 2 albums. Don't bother about Vulture street or their new one.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • sj.brodie wrote:
    im a big fan of Powderfinger, did you know they got their name from a Neil Young song?

I actualy thought that is what this thread was about.

Don't know the band Powderfinger,

but the Neil Young song of the same name is, in my uneducated opinion, one of his best songs.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Powderfinger are my second favorite band. They rawk!!!! Bernard is an amazing musician and Darren Middleton is one of the best rock guitarists australia has ever produced.

double allergic and internationalist are their best albums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA_UobFY7Ss
    dan_vedder wrote:
    Ive seen them live at wave aid..KICKED ASS!!
    That was an AWESOME day, love the finger! how awesome was chris cheney too, oh and phil jamieson in evie part 3. fun times.
  • Ok thanks for the tips people - I'll have to hunt down some of their stuff. I'm really digging their song Passenger at the moment, I found this great acoustic version: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BA_UobFY7Ss
    Ok thanks for the tips people - I'll have to hunt down some of their stuff. I'm really digging their song Passenger at the moment, I found this great acoustic version: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BA_UobFY7Ss
    hehe check 2 posts above you;), it is such a great version.
  • Did anyone see that concert they did for breast cancer at the Opera House? I watched it on tv. It was soooooo good.
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:
    hehe check 2 posts above you;), it is such a great version.

D'oh! I'm so blind! I swear I checked out that link, that's probably where 'I found' it! But dammit, it is a wicked version!
  • I got Internationalist and Odysseynumberfive though in the post today, both really good, dammit this thread needs bumping until people take some serious notice - you people have no idea what you're missing out on!
    I got Internationalist and Odysseynumberfive though in the post today, both really good, dammit this thread needs bumping until people take some serious notice - you people have no idea what you're missing out on!
    Wicked cool. 'Vulture Street', whilst no where near as good overall as the earlier stuff, has a couple that are worth a listen. 'Since you've been gone', (written by bernie about his brother that died), awesome song, and 'Rockin' Rocks'. Damn that's a cool song to rock out to.