MASTODON-Blood Mountain

OUTHOUSEOUTHOUSE Posts: 39
edited September 2006 in Other Music
So........

Im not really a metal head at all anymore (Was back in my teenage years) But I really do enjoy any type of music, as long as it is .... well.....good.

Back in 2001 I saw another one of my favorite bands...A little band known as Clutch. Opening for them was another band I had never heard of known as....you guessed it!..Mastodon. I was impressed by the musicianship but not the tattooed metal hairbanging with the masturbatory guitar solos.

I was wrong.

So after hearing Remission (1st Album) I thought.."Man this stuff is a little to hard for me anymore. Leviathan (2nd Album) I think is possibly one of the best metal records I have ever heard. I immediately enjoyed the complexity of the music. The whole album losely revolved around the story of Moby Dick.

Now...Blood Mountain..So the new Mastodon has had alot to live up to when compared to their last album (I know thats not fair). It is really an incredible experience. The complexity of the music is insane. Normal metal is like Kenny G...Mastodon is like John Coltrane.

What I am trying to say after all this B.S. Is if you have an open mind to music of different genres..Pick it up..Now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good call on the Mastodon. they are some serious shit!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    OUTHOUSE wrote:
    So........

Im not really a metal head at all anymore (Was back in my teenage years) But I really do enjoy any type of music, as long as it is .... well.....good.

Back in 2001 I saw another one of my favorite bands...A little band known as Clutch. Opening for them was another band I had never heard of known as....you guessed it!..Mastodon. I was impressed by the musicianship but not the tattooed metal hairbanging with the masturbatory guitar solos.

I was wrong.

So after hearing Remission (1st Album) I thought.."Man this stuff is a little to hard for me anymore. Leviathan (2nd Album) I think is possibly one of the best metal records I have ever heard. I immediately enjoyed the complexity of the music. The whole album losely revolved around the story of Moby Dick.

Now...Blood Mountain..So the new Mastodon has had alot to live up to when compared to their last album (I know thats not fair). It is really an incredible experience. The complexity of the music is insane. Normal metal is like Kenny G...Mastodon is like John Coltrane.

What I am trying to say after all this B.S. Is if you have an open mind to music of different genres..Pick it up..Now.

I haven't listened to a good metal album in ages either... blood mountain is a good one
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Greatest album ever. I love this band. Met them at Leeds this year and they were the coolest guys. Leviathan rules also. I really cant get enough Mastodon!
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band