edited March 2008 in The Porch
i Just Found out my membership expired march 1st
so now i m fucked
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Bad news - obviously you're screwed for this mini tour

Good news - I think there's a 30-day grace period so you won't lose your number.

I'd re-up in Goods now and e-mail 10C about your situation.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    isn't there a grace period? I thought you could renew soon after the expiration and keep the same number. Not sure if that would make you eligible for tix though. Try contacting 10C.
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    nukeboot - you type faster than me...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,626
    manhattan wrote:
    isn't there a grace period? I thought you could renew soon after the expiration and keep the same number. Not sure if that would make you eligible for tix though. Try contacting 10C.

the grace period applies to the membership itself, but eligibility for the 10C presale is still lost,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    this doesn't make sense I renewed my membership may 2007 so wouldn't it expire may 2008
    but it say's Im not current
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Doesn't the 10C send an email out when your membership is about to expire???? I got one the past few years.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    i just renewed mine through tax day 09...and my status updated really fast.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    thanks, i just renewed mine....it expires in may but i might not have remembered if it wasnt for you, so thanks.

my 350xxx is safe for another year :(
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    S/he's not screwed for this tour either. There is a three or two months grace period where you can renew your membership and will be able to get tickets for this tour too. i had a similar situation back in 2003 and I was able to get tenc tickets.

i'm afraid s/he is screwed. my friend was in the same situation and when she emailed 10c to ask/beg/plead if she'd be eligible for the presale, they told her no deal.

to the OP, don't worry though.. there will be plenty of 10-clubbers with extras, and there's always TM. where there's a will, there's a way. good luck!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    DPrival78 wrote:
    i'm afraid s/he is screwed. my friend was in the same situation and when she emailed 10c to ask/beg/plead if she'd be eligible for the presale, they told her no deal.

Yeah. From the announcement:

"You must be an active member of the Ten Club by Wednesday, March 19, 2008 to qualify for the pre-sale ticket opportunity."

Bummer, but I hope you find a jammer buddy to pair up with.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    S/he's not screwed for this tour either. There is a three or two months grace period where you can renew your membership and will be able to get tickets for this tour too. i had a similar situation back in 2003 and I was able to get tenc tickets.
    I was under that impression, too. Man, I sure hope that's the case. If not, I'm screwed, as well. :(

My membership expired on Tuesday, but knowing about the 3-month grace period (as indicated in the email), I knew it was safe for me to wait until I got paid on Friday to renew it.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I would just try emailing them and explaining that you forgot. It just expired right? I'm sure they will help you out.
    Brian
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    There is a 3 month grace period, but I guess it pays to renew asap as no idea what the rule is if you haven't renewed and they announce a tour before your grace period ends. Anyone. Don't know why I'm bothering repying to this as I can't stand negative titled posts like this one.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    NCBRI wrote:
    I would just try emailing them and explaining that you forgot. It just expired right? I'm sure they will help you out.
    There was a tweet reminding people to get their membership up-to-date and the announcement says it had to be current as from 19th March. So I really don't think 10C will 'help out'. They were quite clear on this. The OP does have the three month grace period to be able to keep her number, but not to get tix for this mini-tour.
  • Options
    Just go through ticket-master,you'll be alright,The ten-club is great because of the seating,but friend's of mine alway's got ticket's for the show's and there non ten club member's..Sometimes better seat's than mine..And my 10c #is low..You'll be alright,just be on the computer when they go on sale!!!
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)